Monday, July 13, 2009

Hello on Monday Morning

Dear Friends,

We had a pleasant day on Sunday. I was the first to leave the house which was before Linda woke up. I did my walking at a local track for about an hour. By the time I arrived home Linda was up, and fulling engaged in reading the local newspapers.

After some morning activities, Linda went off to do errands, and I settled in to watch my beloved Red Sox. I did go to bed a very happy person since the Red Sox won their game, and the Yankees lost their contest. This means the Sox are going into the Tuesday night All Star Game with a three game lead in their division.

We had an impromptu cookout last evening. The four guests enjoyed some "beer can" chicken, corn on the cob from a local farm stand, and some tomatoes and mozzarella. A low fat yogurt ice cream with fresh blueberries was the dessert. Our guests needed coffee because the temperatures started to fall off considerably.

Social Calendar -- There is a tournament at our golf course today so I won't be able to play. Linda is going to give up her Monday golf (I think) so that we can attend a cultural event at a local theater. I think that she bought the two tickets by way of a Radio Auction. The nice thing is that we have great seats, and we didn't pay full price.
Now, you might be wondering why I am going? There are no major league baseball games taking place on Monday. I will be missing the All Star players trying to win a home run derby, but I wasn't going to watch the contest anyways.

Politics -- It was kind of quiet in the political world. Our President will be attending Tuesday night's all star game. Congressional hearings for the the candidate for the Supreme Court position begins today.

Linda came home with a new toy for me. I / we now own a Nesco Dehydrator. We bought it for dehydrating the herbs which we grow, and can never keep up with. I am going to dehydrate some fruits too. Eventually I will try and make my own beef jerky.
I actually had a dream that I went to the grocery store and I was personally waited on by a person in the fruit department. I had to go to the supermarket because some of the fruits which I want to dehydrate, we usually don't have in the house like mango's, and kiwi's, etc.
Do you think that it might be easier to just buy the dehydrated items instead of doing so with the new toy? I will keep you informed.

Weather -- We might need a sweater for tonight's cultural event. We will be heading into the forties tonight, and might reach a record for the low temperature.

Observation -- One of our guests last evening brought her 10 year old daughter. I love it when you hear cute little family stories. The ten year old was telling stories of how her father embarrasses her when he drops her off at school or summer camp. The father gives his daughter a kiss goodbye right in front of her classmates and friends. This is totally uncool in the eyes of a 10 year old. She even says that her dad beeps the car horn after the drop off. The daughter wants him to do the drop her off many yards from the front door.
We told the 10 year old to wait until she brings home her first boyfriend. The embarrassment will continue for many years.
The 10 year said that one time, a bunch of her girl friends were watching / playing jeopardy. Her father answered a question correctly, and he started dancing. Another uncool and embarrassing thing her dad did.

Well, I have to read the local newspaper, and get to the track.
Have a great week at work or play.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: