Sunday, July 26, 2009

Hello on Sunday Morning

Dear Friends,

Our Saturday went as planned including an impromptu cookout,and some card playing. We finally used the deck, and screened in room on the deck. The men against the women card playing didn't go well for the men. The food before the card playing went well. We had grilled steak, chicken, vegetables, and corn of the cob. There was much fun and merriment before we headed off to bed.

My track walking went okay on Saturday without too many distractions. I did get behind a woman with no body fat who was wearing skin tight track pants. She walked by me going so fast as she was being dragged by her black lab who was on a leash. I did observe that she had buns of steel which didn't wiggle.
I also saw one of my senior golfing buddies. I would have walked with him, but he doesn't see well, and he is pretty much deaf. You can't carry on a conversation with him because his hearing is so bad.

I did go from the track to visit Mom in the nursing home. I had the nursing home staff put her in her wheel chair, and we went outside. We were drinking whiskey and water out of the back of my car at 10 AM in the morning. My father happened to show up as we were finishing our second drink. My father brought Mom a coffee, but she was too zonked out after she finished her second whiskey and water. You may think that my giving Mom some alcohol is bad, but what does Mom have to look forward to each day in that nursing home?
My sister and I are going to try another home visit on Wednesday. After the visit, Mom will not want to return to the nursing home for sure. She keeps telling all of us that she wants to go home, but she needs two people to lift her, or one person with a lift, which they have been using in the nursing home.

In a few short hours, I will be leaving to help out with the Annual Family Picnic at the ITAM lodge. It looks like we will be dealing with scattered thunderstorms. It is hot and humid right now. The weather channel is predicting the potential of severe thunderstorms right in the middle of the 12 PM to 5 PM picnic.

Linda will be eventually leaving for an afternoon baby shower in Enfield, Connecticut with a friend while I am at the ITAM.

I will be escaping the ITAM around 4 PM, and heading home to take a shower. I have to put on my wake type clothes. My UNICO brothers and sisters hopefully will be going into the wake as a group at 5 PM. I also found out that the reception after the Monday funeral will take place at a downtown eatery.

The political fallout continues because of the comments which the President made during his health care speech a few days ago. It will soon be over just like the weeks of Michael Jackson coverage when he overdosed on pain medication.
Speaking of Michael Jackson, I see where the family is going after the doctor who kept on giving Michael Jackson those pain pills. Why don't people accept responsibility for their own actions? It seems that we are so quick to blame someone else for our own shortcomings. Is this the American way?

My beloved Red Sox won their game while the Yankees' winning streak came to an end.

Well, I have to do some quiet chores before getting dressed for the ITAM picnic. I am going to wear old clothes because I got grease, and grime over every part of my clothes including my footwear.

Have a great Sunday.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: