Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Hello on Wednesday Morning

Dear Friends,

The first round of dehydrating went okay. The jet engines are finally silenced after two days of running the device. The dried fruit didn't come out like the ones in the trail mix bags which we usually purchase at Walmart. The fruit in the Walmart bags can't be real fruit because it is usually soft and sweet. The dehydrated fruit which I produced comes out rather firm to the point where you can break a tooth. I spent enough electricity in two days of running the dehydrator to purchase about five bags of the trail mix at Walmart.
I am not giving up. Drying herbs will be my next experiment.
I did get an e-mail from Linda's sister. Everything that I am experiencing she has already gone through. She said that she purchased a Nesco Dehydrator from an infomercial. Her device is now gather dust in a storage area.

Tuesday went okay. Linda went off to play Mah Jongg after a body maintenance procedure. She has been in a losing streak during the last few session of playing Mah Jongg.
I gave a lawn a trim, and then I went off to the golf course to try out some demo hybrid clubs at the driving range. On the way home I picked up some corn on the cob to go along with the crock pot country style ribs. Supper was wonderful.
My ITAM meeting went well. I will be working in some form at the July 26, 2009 Family Picnic at the Lodge.

Social Calendar -- Linda is off to a book club dinner meeting. I will be going with her. I am not a member of the book club, but I was invited to the dinner. I will be bonding with the husband of the host of the party.
I am playing golf at 7:28 AM. I will be teeing off alone which I really don't mind. I want to work out some of the many kinks in my game. Golf is a personal game at this point in my life.

Politics -- I did watch the Baseball All Star Game after I returned home from my meeting. The President, who threw out the first pitch, said that he never played organized baseball as a child.
The Congressional hearing are going well. The Republicans are really trying to bash the nominee for the Supreme Court. It might come back to bite them!

Observation -- Sometimes I get myself in trouble by what I say. As an example, I walked in to see Mom at the nursing home a couple of days ago at the same time another lady was going in to see her loved one. Since she looked about my age (61 , but soon to be 62), I made the usual comment about: "Our parents have become like our children". She said that she was going in to deal with her husband, and not her parents. Her husband was in need of some rehab. The 70 year old husband was recovering from an embolism. In conversation, she said that her husband also had a bout with stomach cancer which he survived, but the stomach had to be removed. She also said that she had weight loss surgery, and has lost 54 pounds. When will I learn to think before I speak?

Have a great Wednesday.
I know that that I am going to have one too. The Curley Lad

No comments: