Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Hello on Tuesday Morning

Dear Friends,

I was having Dehydrator nightmares so I woke up at a very early hour. I never anticipated that the machine would sound like a mini jet engine once it was activated. Most of the fruit which I put in on Monday needs 12 to 16 hours of drying. I have the device sitting on the counter top where the AeroGarden used to be. The next time that I used the dehydrator, I will set it up in the basement.
Don't invite friends over if you are using the machine unless you want to torture your guests!

We had a pleasant evening last night. It was like we were dating once again. We started off with dinner at the newly renovated Patrick's Pub which is about 200 feet from the theater. After a leisurely meal, we headed off to the Colonial Theater to see James Naughton perform. Now you might be thinking who is James Naughton? He spent 14 years in the 70's performing / acting at the Williamstown Theater Festival. He was in the Berkshires so much that he even purchased a house during that time period. He has been on Broadway, and he has acted in movies, and was on several television programs. This night he was performing as a singer.
The crowd was an older one, and at times I thought that I was at a Yiddish Convention. Mr. Naughton performed for an hour and one half without a break. I arrived home in time to watch the Baseball Home Run Derby.

Politics -- The Republicans tried to attack the Supreme Court nominee during the Congressional hearings yesterday. They were "grasping at straws" as the saying goes. I hope that the process ends soon, and she becomes our first Hispanci Supreme Court judge.

Social Calendar -- Linda has her usual Tuesday Mah Jongg from 11:30 AM until 4:30 PM. I am going to try and weave in hitting some golf balls, and visiting Mom at the nursing home in Lee.
I was thinking of slow grilling some Country Style Spare ribs. I thought some corn on the cob from The Partridge Road farm stand would be a good compliment to the ribs. The corn which we had the other night was so sweet, and good that there were no leftovers.
I just remembered that I have a 7 PM Picnic Committee meeting at the ITAM. Oh Darn!

Parents -- Dear Old dad has his orthopedic appointment on Monday which mys sister took him to. The doctor gave him one of those shots with a lubricating agent. I compared to using WD-40 on a squeaky door hinge. The WD-40 is a temporary solution for the problem.

Observation -- I almost gave up recycling cans, and bottles that I have paid a 5 cent deposit for each one. I went off to the grocery store with empty soda and beer cans to get back my deposit. Of course, the day I go, the can machines are out of order. I haul the 150 plus cans back to my car, and try another grocery store. This store only takes soda cans, and not beer cans because this grocery store doesn't sell alcoholic beverages. I have to bring back home a bag of about 60 beer cans, and bottles. What a waste of time and energy.
There is a package store which you can just drop off the recyclables, and tell the recycle guy how many cans and bottles which you have. The grocery store is closer to our home.

Well, I have to check my dehydrated fruits. Certain ones are done, and others need more time in the dehydrating process. The next type of dehydrating will be herbs. You can't mix dehydrating herbs with fruits.
One benefit of the dehydrator is that our house smell very fruity. I did forget to mention what fruits that I did put in the machine. I put in Apples, Pears, Oranges, Bananas, Blueberries, a small Mango, Pineapple, and Grapes. The next time I will do some strawberries, peaches, cherries, cranberries, melons, and plums. A healthy snack food is my goal.

Have a great Tuesday.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: