Monday, July 6, 2009

Hello on Monday Morning

Dear Friends,

It is 46 degrees as I start this e-mail. If we were camping out, there would be a lot of snuggling taking place.

Our Sunday went as planned. Linda woke up as I finished skimming the local newspaper, and the Boston Globe. I decided to let her read the newspaper so I went off to see dear old mom in the nursing home.
I wheeled Mom outside, and we both got a chance to enjoy the sunshine. I remembered that I never took the cooler out of my car from the party on the previous day. Mom and I shared a couple of bottles of Mike's Hard Lemonade, and this was at 10:30 AM.
Around 11 AM, I went the the family home in Lee to check on Dad, and to give the postage size lawn a trim.

I came home and gave my lawn a trim too. I then settled down to watch the Red Sox win, and also to watch Tiger Woods win another golf tournament.
Linda went off to do errands while I was enjoying the Red Sox game.

At 4:30 PM we walked about 50 paces to my neighbor's deck to begin another cycle of fun and merriment. After munching on a healthy vegetable dip, and chicken wrapped bacon appetizers, our male host grilled steak on skewers. Along with the red meat, our host prepared a potato and vegetable combination, and a green salad. The matriarch of the household made a wonderful sugar laden dessert topped off with ice cream. There goes all my plans of eating healthy foods, and losing weight.

Social Calendar -- Linda has her 3:30 PM golf today. I have a 7 PM UNICO Scholarship Reception at the ITAM. Both the ITAM and UNICO will be awarding scholarship at the event. UNICO is preparing the cheese and crackers, and finger sandwiches. Some of us scholarship committee members will be serving the food, and involved with cleanup.
Hopefully, the awards night won't last too long so I will get a chance to watch the last half of the Red Sox game which starts at 7:10 PM.

I didn't apply for a chance to secure a ticket to the Staple Center for the Michael Jackson Memorial event in California. Everyone I know said that they were tired hearing about all the Michael Jackson stuff.

Observation -- I have been reading and listening to all the details of the latest big name person who was shot and killed at only 36 years of age. Steve McNair, a former NFL footbal player, was riddled with gun shot wounds, and the woman he was with had one gun shot wound to the head. It sounds like a murder suicide. The person who found the bodies just happened to be the ex-boyfriend of the deceased woman. Of course, McNair was married at the time of the shooting. Money and power bring more than fame and fortune!

Well, have a great week at work or play.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: