Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Hello on Tuesday Morning

Dear Friends,

Our Monday went as planned.
After several hours of yard work, I took a nap, started a new book, and headed off to Scholarship night at the ITAM Lodge.
Linda had a peaceful morning while I was doing my thing. She did have to deal with my clothes in the washing machine. I am notorious for starting the washing machine, and then walking away. I must admit that when Linda does my clothes, they pretty much come out wrinkle free. Of course, I often cause her to do some extra washing because I often dribble food and beverages over many parts of my clothing.
As an example, I put on a new shirt just before we attended the afternoon cookout on Sunday. I did quite well making it through appetizers, and the main meal without spilling any food or beverages on my shirt or slacks. When it came to dessert, I wasn't so lucky. I spilled a spoonful of ice cream on my brand new shirt. Linda is the Queen of stain removal, and she returned my shirt so that it looked like it was brand new.

Linda did play golf with her girlfriends on Monday as scheduled while I was helping with the scholarship awards night. I was home by 8:30 PM.

I didn't go to bed a happy man because my Red Sox lost their game. Luckily , the Yankees lost their game too.

Social Calendar -- Linda has her usual Tuesday Mah Jongg session from 11:30 AM until 4 PM. I might head off to the driving range at my golf course, and try and straighten out some of my ball striking problems.
Since the weather forecast has some scattered thundershowers predicted for most of the day and evening, I decided to prepare a crock pot meal for supper. I just got through preparing a pot roast with all the fixings. It will be fork tender by supper time.

Politics -- Sarah Pallin resigning has angered some of her Republican Colleagues.
A Bronx congressman has made some harsh comments about Michael Jackson being a pervert, and the fact that the media is spending too much time and energy on Michael Jackson.
President Obama is trying to keep the lines of dialogue going with the Russian leaders.
Governor Sanford's is still trying to run the affairs of his state even though there is quite a bit of sentiment for him to resign.
Doesn't it sound like business as usual?

Observation -- With all the rain which we have had in the Northeast, the mosquitoes have emerged with a vengeance. They even follow you when you go from the yard into the house. Yesterday, I tried to trim some branches of a tree which scrapes against the house when the wind blows. I think I gave up a pint of blood to the mosquitoes.
I also don't like putting on bug spray on my exposed body parts or on articles of clothing.
Good thing that we have a screened in room on the deck so that we can enjoy the evenings without being attacked by those flying blood suckers.

Have a great Tuesday.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: