Sunday, July 5, 2009

Hello on Sunday Morning

Dear Friends,

Hope that your Fourth of July went as well as the Curley's did.
After marching in the Pittsfield Parade,which ended around noon, I headed home to cut up vegetables for a vegetable dip.
Linda had a calm and relaxing morning since I left the house at 7:30 AM.

We loaded up the car with the vegetable dip, the lemon lust dessert, and a cooler of beverages. The lemon lust dessert was a big hit. It was gone in a minute and one half.
The usual meat items of hot dogs, hamburgs, and boneless breast of chicken were grilled to perfection. I resisted eating the hot dogs and hamburgs, and consumed only chicken. We had several types of salads, but I once again resisted eating a wonderful looking potato salad, and a macaroni salad. I consumed a green salad that had healthy items in it.
My beverage of choice for the day was red wine. I had felt nauseous since I had that one cup of coffee at the Italian American Club before we headed out to the parade. The red wine made that ill feeling go away.
Our hosts have an in ground swimming pool, but only three adults, and two children ventured into the water. The swimming pool water was what I classified as refreshing. Every time the two children exited the pool, they looked like they were suffering from hypothermia.

We stayed for supper, and the fireworks. The fireworks were spectacular. Even though they are illegal in Massachusetts, they were going off everywhere in the neighborhood which we were in. I am talking about the type of fireworks which you would see a professionally orchestrated show.

The weather for the day was kind of strange. During the day , we spent most of the time putting on and taking off our sweatshirts. At night it was a different story. It got so cold that I had to go to my car and get a wool blanket. Linda and I sat side by side in our respective chairs and fought over keeping ourselves covered with the wool blanket. Yes I did have all kinds of jackets to put on, but I needed something to cover my legs since it was so cold. Our guests even started a bond fire to keep away the mosquitoes, and to keep us warm. The Curley departed at 9:30 PM. The party was still going on as we left the fun and merriment.

We are booked in for another cookout today. Our next door neighbor invited us for this gathering. I just got through watching the weather channel, it looks like we might have our first day of no rain in the forecast with a high in the low 70's. The upcoming week looks like we have a chance of a thunderstorm every single day.

While at the cookout, I watched and listened to the Red Sox game. The Sox lost another one while the Yankees won their game in extra innings. I believe the Sox have a one game lead in their division. I am starting to get bad vibes about the status of my Red Sox.

Observation -- Like I said yesterday, fireworks should be made legal in Massachusetts. They were going off in every neighborhood in Pittsfield, and in Massachusetts in generaql. Yes, we will read about several accidents which occurred over the holidays, but it is the same situation every single year. What is the Fourth of July without fireworks?

Politics -- I see that my Sarah Pallin comments struck a few chords in some of my readers. I heard yesterday, from one of my very conservative UNICO brothers while at the parade, that Sarah resigned to go after a senate seat in Alaska. She would partake of the inside political scene for several years, and then make a run for President in 2016, and not 2012.
Oh Joy, once again!

Have a great Sunday.
I have to get to the Sunday newspapers before the Queen wakes up. Is this considered a quiet activity?
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: