Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Hello on Tuesday

Dear Friends,

We spent the day together attending the funeral, the reception after the funeral, taking a wine nap, and returning to the Mayor's home in the evening.

The funeral service was an hour and one half long. The Church was packed with funeral goers.

The reception was at a downtown eatery which can hold several hundred people. We were the last ones to leave the reception along with my Irish Sister City President. This was almost a three hour affair for us. They had an open bar which served beer and wine besides the usual soda and water. We got caught up in drinking wine.
When we came home we needed to take a power nap (Wine can do this too you when you start drinking at noon). Well, our power nap lasted from 3 PM until 6 PM. I actually had to wake Linda up so that we could go to the Mayor's house at 7 PM for more fun and merriment mixed in with consoling the grieving Mayor. The evening event ended close to 11 PM.
No, I didn't miss the Red Sox game. The flat screen television was on when we arrived at the Mayor's home. When I noticed that people really weren't watching it, I switched to the Red Sox game.

We did get our share of rain on Monday. The "slight" chance of rain brought several inches of rain to Pittsfield. Linda would have gotten rained out if she did play her usual Monday golf.

I did miss the family meeting at the nursing home, but I called my sister to find out exactly what took place. My father has an appointment today with his primary care physician which I am going to try to attend.

I say "try to attend" because we are booked into "Tanglewood on Parade" this evening. Our Governor, Deval Patrick, will be attending the event too, but he will not be sitting on the lawn like us. He most likely will have a front row seat in the shed.

Observation -- I want to discuss: tags sticking out of garments, tattoos, and earrings. While at the funeral, I saw two females with tags sticking out in the back of their garments. I wanted to tell them that they were sticking out, or actually fix them. What is the proper etiquette that I should have employed?
Another person had a tattoo on her left shoulder. It appeared to be the name of her boyfriend. I was wondering if the woman and her boyfriend were still together. I was thinking it might be time for me to get a tattoo. Not!
Finally, I saw a gentleman ,who appeared to be a baby boomer like me, and he was wearing a very discreet earring. Is it time for me to have my ears pierced? Not!
Am I just an old fashion type of guy?


We might have a rain free day before a front rolls in on Wednesday followed by another one on Friday.
The weather prognosticators are still saying that Sunday should be a nice day. This is when the Pittsfield Ethnic Fair takes place from 12 PM until 6 PM.

Have a great Tuesday.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: