Saturday, July 4, 2009

Hello on the Fourth of July

Dear Friends,

Our Friday went as planned.

My golf was awful. Too many mishits. I contributed only once out of 18 holes. My lack of play is a cause of most of my problems.

In a couple of hours, I will be off to the Pittsfield Fourth of July Parade. Of course you have to arrive early, and wait to be lined up for our particular slot in the parade. The Parade kicks off at 10 AM. I will be marching with my UNICO Brothers and Sisters.

After the parade, I am going to cut up vegetables for a vegetable dip. Linda made dessert last night as I watched the Red Sox lose. The Yankees won their afternoon game, and now they are only two games behind the Red Sox.

The Fourth of July Party, which we were invited to, starts around 1:30 PM today.

I received an e-mail from our friends who are on a couple week trip to Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia, Bay of Fundy,etc. They were having a great time in the Canadian Provinces.

I haven't visited Mom since Wednesday. Guilt is mounting!

Politics -- Sarah Pallin is resigning as Governor of Alaska. Most speculation is that she is gearing up for a 2012 run for President. She has enough to do as a Mom even if she chooses not to run for President.

Have to grab some breakfast, and select my marching clothes --> Tan shorts, light blue UNICO shirts, and sneakers.
They do have coffee, juice and doughnuts for us marchers at the Italian American Club at 7:30 AM, but I think a doughnut will cause some serious indigestion in the Curley Lad.

Observation -- Fireworks are illegal in Massachusetts, but you can see them and hear them every night in our neighborhood. They might as well make possession of fireworks legal even if people lose various parts of their body every year. It is a tradition!

Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: