Thursday, July 30, 2009

Hello on Thursday Morning

Dear Friends,

Our Wednesday went as planned. Mom's visit to the the family home in Lee went well. Mom arrived by Cabulance around 9:30 AM, and stayed until about 2 PM. My sister and I whipped up lunch for Mom, Dad, and Aunt Gladys. The seniors appreciated our efforts.
My mother said that I should get a haircut. She says this all the time. She wants my hair cut short, and for me to have a part in my hair, just like my high school picture which she has sitting on dresser drawer in the nursing home.
While we were in Lee, I installed a couple of air conditioners while my sister washed a load of clothes for dear old dad. There must have been some sort of jell pack in Dad's clothes because it exploded in the wash, and my sister had to do the clothes multiple times.
Yes, Mom didn't want to go back to the nursing home, but she still needs a good deal of outside help if she does eventually come home.

Linda's Mah Jongg session went well on Wednesday evening. The ladies played from about 6:30 PM until 10 PM. They normally finish playing a little after 9 PM. They were suffering from Mah Jongg with drawl since they haven't played for a couple of weeks.

Social Calendar -- We have another one of those days where I have many things to do during the day, but Linda has only one thing to do in the evening. I tee off with two other friends at 7:28 AM weather permitting. I don't play golf in the rain which it is doing now. The front has almost moved through the Berkshires. The rain event should be over soon. The best part of the day is supposed to take place at 5 PM with total sunshine.
Linda's evening event is a BONCO picnic at the home of one of the players who lives on Pontoosuc Lake. This potluck dinner affair, and pontoon boat ride is always a big hit for all the BONCO players as well as the women who act as substitutes throughout the year.

Sports -- The separation between the Red Sox and Yankees is growing. The Sox lost another one as the Yankees won their game.

Politics -- I think today is the day where the Black professor, and the arresting Cambridge police officer sit down with President Obama at the White House over a couple of beers. Let's hope that the issue is put to rest after the meeting.
Speaking of beer, A Massachusetts Politician thinks that the three people mentioned above should not be drinking Budweiser, Miller, or Coors products because they are owned by foreign conglomerates. They should be drinking the Sam Adams group of beer products because they are made in the good old U.S.A. I do agree!

I have to do some baking during the next few days. I have my raisins soaking in some Irish Whiskey as I type this e-mail. These raisins are for the soda breads which I am making for the Soda Bread Contest at the Irish American Club Booth. The judging takes place at the Pittsfield Ethnic Fair on Sunday from 12 PM until 6 PM.
I have to make a double batch of the Irish Whiskey Cake since some of our bakers are out of town. The Irish Whiskey Cake is for our Irish Sister City Booth which will be located right next to the Irish American Club's booth.
I also have to pick up the 50 pounds of Irish Bangers which I pre-ordered at a local meat market.

Of course, all my plans might change if we get the call that our granddaughter is on her way to the hospital in Boston to deliver our grandchild. I want to have the soda breads, and Irish Whiskey cakes all made if we do get that telephone call. Actually, I am hoping that the Baby arrives after August 3 since we are booked in for a bus trip to the Saratoga Horse Racing Track on this coming Monday. Opening day for the six week racing program began yesterday.

Well, I have to do some quiet chores before I select my golfing clothes.
Have a great Thursday.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: