Sunday, July 12, 2009

Hello on Sunday Morning

Dear Friends,
My Saturday started with a 45 minute walk around a nearby track. I decided that since Linda was probably still enjoying a peaceful sleep, no sense in retuning home. I went off to Lee to see how dear old mom was doing. She was still in bed when I arrived, so I asked the nurses' aid to get mom dressed so that I could take her for a walk in he wheel chair, and get some good old fresh air. We did so for about an hour. Yes, she did shed some tears once again. She also said that she feels like she is in a prison. What could I say that would make her feel better. Nothing! If you were in a nursing home for as long as she has been, you would be going stir crazy too.

On a happier note, my Red Sox won their contest by a score of 15 to 9 while the Yankees lost their contest by an almost equal score. This means the Red Sox will be going into today's afternoon game with a two game lead over the Yankees in the Eastern division of the Eastern conference of the American League.

Linda went off with her girlfriends form 2 PM until 9 PM. I savored a short book while she was gone. This book was a really light reading one. It was called "The School of Essential Ingredients".

Social Calendar -- I am going to read the local newspaper first, and head off to the track once again. I am guessing that her girlfriend will call mid morning, and they plan on some adventure for the day. Linda is really taking my rule to heart that "Separation is good". I have a 1:30 PM Red Sox game to keep me entertained.

The thunderstorms arrived a little after 7 PM last night. If you had lawn tickets for Tanglewood, you got wet, and you were cold. Tanglewood lost money last night. Since the major industries have left Berkshire County, the area really depends on tourism dollars.
The rains did reach Fenway in the top of ninth inning, but the game was pretty much over by then.
A second and final front rolled through the Berkshires around midnight.
Today is supposed to be a very pleasant day in the Berkshires.

Politics -- It was kind of quiet on Saturday. Sarah Pallin has two indictments against her. President Obama wants the rich to pay for Universal Health Care. As a diehard Democrat, I don't think that this should happen. We probably could have paid for a health care plan if we weren't spending so much money fighting wars with no end.

Observation -- I was thinking about my father, and his ability to drive his car. Since his legs are so bad when he walks, and one leg needs to be looked at by an orthopedics person (appointment on Monday at 10:45 AM), how can he still drive a car? I don't have an answer to that question.
Maybe certain seniors, who have such physical problems, should have a big sign in their window of their cars, or on the car itself. These cars would be like the one from those driving schools which are clearly marked: "Student Drivers". The sign could say: "Senior driver -- Keep a distance of 100 feet between yourself and this car". It sounds cruel, but it is a fact of life. The safety of the public is of utmost concern.
They did charge that 88 year old woman who killed a 4 year old who was crossing (walking) the street with her scooter a couple of weeks ago at the eastern end of the State.

Have a great Sunday.
Enjoy the day no matter what the weather turns out to be.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: