Friday, July 31, 2009

Hello on Friday Morning

Dear Friends,

Thursday went okay. Our morning golf didn't happen. Of course, a few hours after my buddies and I canceled golf, the sun came out, and it turned into a beautiful day.
Our Friday morning golf is in jeopardy because a front is coming through in the next hour or so followed by a second front this afternoon.

If golf doesn't happen, I will bake my soda breads, and Irish Whiskey Cake. It seems like that there always are chores to do.

The Sunday weather forecast for the Ethnic Fair gets worse each day. There is now a 50% chance of a late day shower. The Ethnic Fair takes place rain or shine. I don't want to think about the left overs of 50 pounds of Irish Bangers (breakfast sausages). I don't have any extra room in my freezer for the left overs at the current time.

Sports -- My Red Sox were victorious in their Thursday afternoon game.

Sports continued -- An hour before yesterday's Red Sox game, it was reported that Ortiz, and Manny were using Physical Enhancement Drugs in 2003. In 2003, it wasn't illegal. The rule banning drugs came out as a result of the number of people who tested positive during 2003. The list of people who tested positive in 2003 was supposed to be destroyed, but it apparently wasn't. There are still over 100 more baseball players on this list.
My position is that if it was legal in 2003, then there should be no issue.
These drugs have been in sports like baseball, and football, and other sports for a while. When you are playing at such a high level, and you are trying to get an edge, or recover from an injury, these drugs seemed to have been the answer. The drugs should have been made illegal a long time ago.
Also, how come I sign those privacy documents when I seek medical help, or go into the hospital? Do these privacy rules apply to athletes?

Social Calendar -- I think that Linda is thinking about attending a play later on today.
I know that she has her monthly breakfast with her Pittsfield High School retiree friends at 8:30 AM.
If I have golf, I was hoping that she could represent the Curley's at the Mayoral reception for our Italian Sister City Guests who arrived on Thursday afternoon. If my golf is canceled, I will attend the reception which takes place at 10:30 AM at City Hall.

Politics -- I want to know how the meeting went at the White House with the black Professor, and the officer who arrested him. I wish that I could have a couple of beers with the President.

Observation -- I thought that I had the perfect solution to wash my mud encased clogs for the Tanglewood concert the other night. I put the "Clogs" in the top rack of the dishwasher, and turned on the 5 minute rinse cycle. It didn't work,. There was still mud in every nook and cranny. I needed to hand wash the mud off of the "Clog".

Have to go and read the newspaper, and check when the rain is going to fall.
Have a great weekend.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: