Thursday, July 9, 2009

Hello on Thursday Morning

Dear Friends,

Wednesday was a long day for my sister and I. I headed to Lee before my sister, and made my ailing dad breakfast. I eventually made lunch for the both of them. Mom enjoyed sitting at her own kitchen table.
Marie coordinated getting a Cabulance to bring mom from the nursing home to the family home in Lee. Once Mom was home, we anticipated that she would not want to go back to the nursing home. She said so many time during here 4.5 hour visit.
During the visit, I think that my mother realized that it took two people to take care of her. My mother saw my sister and I as we struggled to get her from the wheel chair to the comode, and back into the wheel chair. My mother noticed that my sister was sweating profusely trying to help her do so (I am not a person who perspires too much). Also my sister knows how to lift people from her experience as an X-Ray Tech and Ultrasound technician. The Cabulance took mom back to the nursing home around 4:30 PM.
I went directly home totally exhausted.
My sister went to the nursing home to make sure that my mom got back okay, and was all settled in. She was more exhausted than I was.
I had just about energy to make it through the Red Sox game.

The Red Sox and Yankees kept pace with one another once again.

Sports -- It appears that the death of the football player was a murder suicide. The 20 year old mistress of the 36 year old football player appears to have shot the football player multiple times before putting a bullet in her own brain.
Power and money allows these people once again to have extramarital affairs. From what I observe, trying to please more than one woman is almost impossible. I also notice that most of these men who stray, go after much younger women.

Politics -- Our President is getting ready for another Super Powers conference in Italy. I hope everything goes well. The Vice-President spoke (or will speak) at a school in New York State. I hope that he doesn't say things which the President has to correct or clarify.

Observation -- Marriage is a two way street, but it has its idiosyncrasies. Besides giving birth, and raising a family, women are once again called upon to make their men happy even as they age. Not all women understand this.
I would really like to know why these men (I realize women stray too). who have had affairs, did so. What was going on in their relationships that made these men (or women) break those "vows of marriage"?

Social Calendar -- I don't know what is on our calendar today. I saw Linda for 10 minutes when I got home from Lee yesterday since she was heading off to supper with some girlfriends, and a session of Mah Jongg . When she came home, I was watching the last couple innings of the nail biting Red Sox game. Whoa! Maybe that is it! When we were first married, we had only one television, and we had to share what we watched on television. Maybe I should alter my own Curleyism that "Separation is Good". Not!

It rained in Pittsfield on Wednesday afternoon, but it didn't rain in Lee (12 miles away).

Have a great Thursday.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: