Monday, July 27, 2009

Hello on Monday Morning

Dear Friends,

Our Sunday went exactly as planned. I departed the house at 7:45 AM for the ITAM Lodge. I was within a half a mile from my lodge when I realized that I forgot to bring the cake that I had made the day before.
The picnic went well in between a few rain drops. I did a little grill work, but mostly gopher type of stuff.
I did leave the picnic at the time which I planned to do. I had to go home and get most of the grease off of my body from my stint on the grill.

Linda had fun at her shower in Connecticut. The shower took place in the home of the mother to be.

Good thing that they had the wake at the Church instead of the Funeral Home. There were so many wake goers. I met my UNICO Brothers and Sisters at the scheduled time, and we all walked in together. The Mayor is a member of UNICO.
They did have an open casket in the Church for the Mayor's wife.
We will be attending the Funeral at 10 AM this morning. I am not sure if we will stay too long at the reception after the funeral because there is a family meeting at the nursing home in Lee at 1:15 PM.
I think that Linda is also planning on playing golf with her girl friends at 3:30 PM.

My Red Sox lost while the Yankees won their game on Sunday. The fans are getting restless in Boston. The Sox play at 7:10 PM this evening so you know what I will be doing.

Observation -- Since we have been doing the wake and funeral thing, at the impromptu cookout on Saturday night, us two males asked our wives what would they do if we happened to die right now. Both wives said that they would sell their houses, and move into a place where they wouldn't have to take care of the house.
It would either be moving into a small apartment, or into a one floor condo. You would never see any of our wives cutting the lawn, or tending to flower beds, etc. Just pay the maintenance fee, and let someone else do it for you.
I really haven't thought about what I would do if the situation was reversed. I might stay in the house for a little while, but as the aches and pains get worse as we age, I too might consider moving into smaller living quarters.
We didn't get into a discussion of finding another companion to replace our irreplaceable spouses.
I will save those thoughts for another e-mail.

Have a great week at work or play.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: