Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Hello on Wednesday Morning

Dear Friends,

Our Tuesday went as planned.
I left the house to visit Mom at the nursing home before 9 AM. My visit with Mom was a short one because she had a full schedule of therapy. getting a permanent, having bandages changed, etc.
When I went to the family home in Lee, I missed Dad also, but I still gave the grass a trim.

Our hope for getting Mom home has been put on hold. Dad talked to all kinds of personnel at the nursing home, and they said that there is no way that she will be able to come home at the present time. As a matter of fact, she has an 2 PM appointment at the wound clinic in Pittsfield on Thursday, and she might end up being booked in for a few rounds of hyper baric treatments.

A new illness has been classified. Now we have "Cell Phone Elbow" which has been diagnosed, and named for people who use their cell phones too much.

Speaking of cell phones, I thought that my sister was trying to avoid me for a couple of days as she helped her son and his family move into larger living quarters. She wasn't responding to my cell phone calls because she dropped her cell phone in the toilet. It is so bad that she might be purchasing a new cell phone soon. Yes, we did tell her what you are supposed to do when a cell phone gets water damage to try and save the telephone. It hasn't worded so far.

This not the first time that I heard about a cell phone being dropped in the toilet. We have a friend whose daughter dropped her cell phone in the toilet too, but she did so on the eighth floor of a college dormitory. This student flushed the toilet before she knew what happened. Several days later there was a problem with the first floor plumbing. The plumbers found a cell phone was causing the backup. They took the "Sim" card out of the phone which helped to determine whose the owner of cell phone was. The student got called into a meeting by the administration. The school was all set to have the college student pay the multi-hundred dollar plumbing bill, but the student and her mother convinced the officials that it was an accident.
Luckily my cell phone accidents have occurred during the clothes washing process. Cargo pants do have their advantages, but I pretty much use every pocket in them. My problem is that I don't always remember to empty all of the pockets.

Sports -- My Red Sox and their arch rivals won their respective games last evening. The Yankees still have a hold on first place in their division.

Social Calendar -- I think that I am the only one who is socially engaged either today or this this evening. I will be leading a 6 PM UNICO prayer service for the father of a member who passed away the other day. One of my former students owns this funeral home.
We do have a bunch of stuff in the home to deal with before I head off to the wake service.

We did use a crock pot for Tuesday's supper. I prepared a batch of country style ribs in the crock pot. Some rice and broccoli salad was a nice complement for the meal.

Politics -- The President's dog gnawing on a microphone was the only item worth noting.

Weather -- For us in the Berkshires, we have some afternoon rain predicted to fall.

Have a great Wednesday.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: