Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Hello on Wednesday Morning

Dear Friends,

We had a pleasant day on Tuesday with the usual bumps along the road.

My drainage port didn't get removed on Tuesday because my surgeon was busy with an unplanned surgery.
I can't get it taken out today because we will be exiting the house, and heading to Logan airport at 7:30 AM to drop off Danielle and Isabelle.
We will make a quick stop at Kevin and Kyla's place before heading home.

Linda has to get home and pack for her adventure at Cape Cod. She is going to be picked up at 6 AM on Thursday morning.

Our impromptu cookout went well last evening. We ended up with 10 adults, and two babies. I grilled some vegetables to go along with some grilled boneless chicken breasts. A couple of salads, and some fruit for dessert was all that was needed for a great meal.


I did go to bed a happy man last evening since my Red Sox won, and the Yankees lost.

Cell Phone -- I decided to hold off with the cell phone replacement for another day. My cell phone has a hint of returning to normal as it continues to dry out. Why rush it, I get a refurbished cell phone anyways.

Politics -- I was too busy on Tuesday to pay attention to world politics.

Observation -- My bed making comments did illicit some good responses. A good number of bed makers did respond. A single male did say that he pretty much never makes his bed.

Observation for Wednesday -- School is finally out in Pittsfield. The school year ended for the students at noontime on Tuesday. The summer vacation reminds me of the never ending discussion of year round school. Several years ago, San Diego, California had year round school. When the surf was up, very few students showed up for school. They decided to end the experiment.
It would be very convenient for parents to have year round school. The parents would have a built in baby sitting service.
Dealing with activities for your children all summer long is quite a challenge for working parents, but it is part of the child rearing process.
How did us Baby Boomers survive those shorter school years, and less hours in the classroom? Sometimes "Less is more."

Have a great Wednesday!
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

P.S. My friend and neighbor did cut my lawn for a second time on Tuesday. I owe him big time especially since he even weed whacked around the flower beds, etc. too. I was so tired that I went down for an afternoon nap before he finished the task. My friend went home exhausted since he took care of his lawn before doing mine.

No comments: