Saturday, June 6, 2009

Hello on Saturday Morning

Dear Friends,

Golf went okay on Friday, but I only helped the team on two out of 18 holes. I chose not to stay for the 19th hole festivities because I had a whole bunch of errands which took me to City Hall, and the Pittsfield Fire Department, etc.
After giving the lawn a trim, I had to go and secure permits (food and propane) for the UNICO booth for the August 2, 2009 Ethnic Fair. A friend, who is a city councilor and restaurant owner, will secure the alcohol permit.

Linda sat by the telephone for another radio auction, but the selections weren't as great as the last Radio auction. The Auction continues today at 9 AM until all the items are sold. She will be doing her best to secure items while working around a 2 PM wedding which we will be attending. It is going to be a great day for this June wedding with sunshine, and no rain in the forecast, and temperatures in the mid seventies.

I was thinking about weddings. We have a couple sets of friends who have unmarried daughters. One family has three daughters, and the other has two. I can see us attending 5 weddings in the near future, and this doesn't include family related weddings. I hope that these families are already setting aside some funds for these weddings!

My Red Sox lost last evening at home while the Yankee game got rained out. I tried to make believe that I was at the game but having hot dogs, and peanuts while watching the game. It was good that Linda wasn't home. I had peanut shells all over my clothes, furniture, and the family room floor. I had to use the vacuum cleaner since the mess that I made was so bad.
I was in bed before Linda came home. I will get the full report about her "dinner and play" evening with a friend. She will say that she had a wonderful time. She will also tell me how many people she saw at dinner and at the play. They would have been asking: "Where is your husband?" I actually saved money by staying home and watching the Red Sox. Am I that boring?

Politics -- I took some flack from some friends and relatives about my praise of President Obama's ability to speak in public. Their basic response was "Talk is cheap, and that actions speaks louder than words." Well, the previous President preferred action over words, and started a war based on false information, and where did his actions get us?

Mom -- I can't give you an update because I haven't visited her in a couple of days. A Sunday morning visit looks like the earliest that I can do so.

Hope that all of you have a great weekend.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: