Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Hello on Wednesday Morning

Dear Friends,

Our Tuesday went exactly as planned. The rain did hold off at lunch time so that I could grill hot dogs, and hamburgs for the five Mah Jongg ladies (six normally play on Tuesday's).
It was too cold to eat on the deck or to play Mah Jongg in the screened in room on the deck.
While the ladies played Mah Jongg, I took a nap, but it was a bit long.

Social Calendar -- I am exiting the house at 7 AM, and heading for the Berkshire Hills Country Club. The Jimmy Fund Golf Tournament serves breakfast before we tee off at 8 AM. Another flight of golfers tee off at 11 AM. There will be a dinner this evening when all the golfers are done playing.

Linda is so excited that I will not be around to bug her. She doesn't have to leave the house until this evening. She was asked to be substitute for a third group of Mah Jongg players whom she normally doesn't play with.

Sports -- I went to bed a happy man because my Red Sox beat their arch rivals, the New York Yankees. They are now tied for first place in their division. They do battle again this evening. I can't wait!

Politics -- The President is working on Health Care Issues. If a Universal Health Care package doesn't come to fruition, then at least create a plan to help take care of our seniors who often see their nest egg eaten up by hospital and nursing home costs.

Well, I have to select my golfing wardrobe, and make sure my golfing gear is set.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: