Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Hello on Tuesday Morning

Dear Friends,

Hope that all of you had a good start to the week on Monday.

Our day went as planned for the most part. I spent several hours with Mom at the nursing home as well as some time with Dad.

Mom was having an emotional melt down which I have never seen before. She was shedding many tears, and it was difficult for her to ease her mental pain. With all that she has gone through among the operations, the stays at nursing homes, and time spent in hospitals, it appears to be getting to her emotionally. I think that it is time for her to go back to her own home. Even if Home Health Care workers, the Lee Visiting Nurse Association people have to be hired, then so be it. This is a change in my attitude because what I witnessed on Monday. In talking with one of the people in charge at the nursing home, she said that Mom had a similar melt down last Thursday. Like I said before, she hasn't been home since Christmas Day of 2008.
Before heading back to Pittsfield, I decided to stop in to see Dad, and discuss what I thought we should do. When I came into their home, he was on the floor in the bedroom, and needed some help to get off of the floor. He was looking for an item in a bottom drawer of his bedroom dresser, and lost his balance.

I did find a little laughter in my multi-hour visit with my parents. I saw this set of floor mats in the garage at my parent's home. They were underneath a bucket that I thought was a trash bucket. The mats had stains on them, and I surmised that they were going out with my father's trash. I cleaned them up, and replaced the worn out mats in my car.
My father said that the bucket was not a trash bucket, and that the mats were a perfectly good second set of mats for his car. He was going to store these mats for the summer, and use them in the winter time. After we laughed about what I did, he said that I could keep the mats. The color of the mats don't go with my car, but they are better that the ratty old ones that came with my car.

On a happier note, Linda had fun with her golf with her lady friends.

My Red Sox had a day off, but the division leaders, the New York Yankees, won their game.

Politics -- Former Vic-President Dick Cheney admitted that there was no connection between Saddam Hussein and 9 / 11 destruction of the Twin Towers in New York. Tell that to the men and women in our military who lost their lives, or who were put in "harms way."
I don't want to hear the political slant that we got rid of a bad guy. Should we continue with the "getting rid of bad guys", and get into a conflict with North Korea too?

Social Calendar -- Linda has her Tuesday Mah Jongg session from 11:30 AM until 4:30 PM. I think that the evening is free so that we can dine together at home.
I might head off to Lee to visit the parents again. Mom is getting a perm today, and i hope that it will pick up her spirits. She did enjoy the ride around the facility after lunch that I gave her on Monday. Sunshine and fresh air is a wonderful elixir.
I am going to decide whether it is a grill day or a crock pot day after I see the weather report.

Enjoy every moment that most of your body parts are still working. The body parts will wear out sooner than you think.

Have a great Tuesday.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: