Thursday, December 25, 2008

Hello on Christmas Morning

Dear Friends,

Linda and I would like to wish all of you a very Merry Christmas. We hope that Santa has taken care of most of your wishes.
We too hope that our friends, who are dealing with health issues, get better soon. Give all of your family members a hug from Linda and I.

We don't have our sons with us this Christmas. Linda's sisters are celebrating today with their families, and friends.
We are lucky to have my parents, and a couple of Aunts, and one Uncle with us at the dinner table today. I hope that one Christmas we can be all together in the same house because "Family" is what Christmas is all about.

We attended two house parties on Christmas Eve. The first one began at 5 PM at our friends' the Culver's. There was much food and merriment. Broiled shrimp, shaved beef, pigs in a blanket, baked wrapped delicacies, white pasta, etc. and all kinds of desserts. I had to pace myself with respect to the food consumption.

What I like is that each party has different food selections from every other party. Not too many duplications is a good thing!

We arrived at the second party, which was at the DiSimoni's, a little after 8 PM. They are our neighbors. The husband and I went to high school together. When you walk into their house from their garage, the food table is right there. I said "Hello", didn't socialize, and I went right for the food. The DiSimoni food specialty is home made chicken wings, and home cooked spare ribs. Not one of the previous two parties had those items on the menu. After gorging myself, I did the normal socializing. Linda did things in the reverse order. We couldn't resist the canolis on the way out of their home.

My head hit the pillow about 11 PM. This was too early for Linda to head off to bed.

We lost a good deal of snow because of the Wednesday rain. There is nothing worst than dirty, melting snow.

The seniors will be arriving at noon at our house. A ham dinner with all the fixings is on the menu. Yes, we will have some pasta and meat balls too. The seniors usually depart a little after 3 PM. We don't push them out the door. It is just the way that they have been doing family gatherings at our house for years. Yes, they each will get a food to take home.

No, our day doesn't end with the seniors departing our house. We are supposed to stop at my sister's for dessert (Just what I need), before we go to another friend's home to help them eat their food.

We usually try to arrive at the Gerardi home around 6 PM. Besides the huge beef tenderloin which they are cooking for their family for 1:30 PM, they will have all kinds of Italian food. Smelts (a type of fish) are on the menu too. The desserts will be endless.
There is only so much food that a human being can eat, and I will make it through all the partying, and food consumption of the day.

Well, I have to continue on with my assigned tasks. They are all quiet ones for a while.

Have a safe and wonderful Christmas Day. Try and keep that warm and fuzzy feeling all year long.

Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: