Sunday, December 28, 2008

Hello on Sunday from East Boston

Dear Friends,

Update on Dear Old Mom -- Linda and I stopped in to say "Hello & Goodbye" to my mom before we headed off to East Boston on Saturday. She was sitting in a chair with a solid back brace on, while eating her lunch at the hospital.
The doctor chatted with my sister about the aneurysm which my mother has. I didn't tell my mother before we headed east on Saturday, but they are going to do a little bypass of the aneurysm (which is located in the stomach area) early next week. They will snake a stent in from the groin area.

On a happier note, we brought Kevin and Kyla their Christmas presents from us and from some friends. They opened them last evening after we came home for a great Italian Restaurant called Rino's. The food was wonderful like it always is. The portions are generous.
Santa's wife did her usual great job on selecting the perfect gifts. Kevin and Kyla got us the GPS system, which we love.

Kyla had to work yesterday, and today, on a big case which her company picked up a couple of weeks before Christmas. She will be leaving a little after 7 AM.
Since Kevin doesn't open the restaurant on Sunday's, we will be bonding with him until we decide to head off to the airport for our flight to Kansas. I want to leave by noon because I saw the back up on the Mass Pike yesterday from Worcester to the Sturbridge exit which people take if they are going to New york or Connecticut. We are going to Bradley Airport located in Connecticut so we will be with the masses of people going in the same direction.

If our children can't come to us, we will visit them is the Curley motto.

Sports, etc. One of the Boston newspapers said that Quarterback Tom Brady might have given his girlfriend a $145,000 diamond engagement ring during Christmas Eve celebration when her parents were with them. It is not official, but there was a lot congratulatory happenings in the workout room during a New England Patriot session the other day. I also didn't know that his girlfriend has a twin sister.
I wish that I could watch the game with Kevin, but we will be on the road when it starts at 1 PM.

Politics -- While we are in Kansas, we will be in the home of voters who lean toward the Republican Party. I better keep my mouth shut, and enjoy the grandchild. Yeah Right! Do you think that I can do that for a whole week? Not!

Weather -- It is difficult to believe that I won't need a turtle neck and a wool sweater as the first of January approaches. I started off with one yesterday from the Berkshires, but I won't need one today as we exit the East Coast. It could be near 60 degrees as we fly out of Bradley International today. Most of the snow which fell in Boston last weekend is all but a memory.

Well, I heard an alarm ring for Kyla to get up, but no one has moved since they shut it off. I am not getting involved. They are not children anymore.

Have a great Sunday.
Enjoy next week, if you have it off.
Have a great New Year's celebration.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: