Friday, December 12, 2008

Hello on Friday Morning

Dear Friends,

We escaped the ice here in Pittsfield, but not the rain. Neighboring towns, which are at higher elevations weren't so lucky. We never lost any power that I know of. The long lasting storm should exit by about 1 PM. The grass in our yard is all confused. It has started growing again.
Our neighbors in the Albany, New York area, weren't so lucky with the storm. Many people have lost electricity, and have to deal with fallen trees, downed power lines, and icy roadways.

I am warming a beef stew which we cooked in the crock pot on Thursday, but we are waiting until today to consume. I hope that I don't get tempted to eat any for breakfast.

I went out once yesterday to replenish the bird feeders, and to get the mail, and do go to the post office because I had to mail a couple of packages. The Post Office lines weren't too large at 2:30 PM.
I did wrap some family presents, and that was the extent of my physical activities.

Linda did go to BONCO last evening , but called a friend to pick her up. She doesn't like driving in foul weather. Many of her BONCO friends decided to stay home because the forecast from the evening weathermen was gloom and doom.

I am not sure what is on our social calendar for today. It all depends on the weather. Of course, there are a few more presents to wrap.

The bailout for the car companies didn't get passed on Thursday, but passage is a strong possibility within the next few days.
What American is thinking about buying a small car as the price of gasoline keeps dropping? I saw one of those energy efficient cars the other day. It looks cute, but how could a typical family of four, with two car seats for children, and all the extra stuff required by the family fit into one of these vehicles?
You ought to see how difficult it is for my 85 year old father to get in and out of my 2000 Subaru Legacy Wagon. If he got in and out of my car 5 times a day, he could skip a physical therapy session.

K-B Toys, whose headquarters are based in Pittsfield, filed for bankruptcy once again. People just aren't purchasing Christmas gifts like they have done in the past. Just paying for the basic necessities will be a challenge in this economy.

Well, I have to send some other e-mails, and do some quiet activities.

Have a great weekend.
Enjoy any parties that you may have gotten invited to, or have a party of your own.

Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: