Saturday, December 27, 2008

Hello on Saturday Morning

Dear Friends,

Saturday was a busy day trying to clean up after Christmas. I say clean up because even though we didn't have the ham dinner as planned, we still had a refrigerator full of food which had to be dealt with. Good thing someone invited plastic ware, and a good thing that we have a freezer in the garage.

We are pretty much packed for our trip to Kansas, and we are hoping that we didn't forget anything.

I stopped in to the hospital to visit dear old mom on Saturday. She won't require back surgery. They fitted her for a back brace before I arrived. The doctors weren't concerned about the aneurysm either. I don't know what the time frame is for her discharge. A case worker suggested that she get some help from the Lee Visiting Nurse Association for some therapy when she gets back home.

For supper last evening, we had leftovers at a friend's home. We stayed until 8 PM. I guess that I better go on a diet, and start doing some exercises, or at least start walking.

Politics -- Some of my liberal, independently registered voters keep on bringing up Caroline Kennedy, and her lack of experience to the position for which she is seeking in New York State. Good thing that these friends live in Massachusetts, and really don't have a say in the matter since it is a New York State issue.
I am not convinced that any politician needs to have anything more than common sense when they decide to go into politics. I have been accused of asking the "qualification question" in my previous e-mails with respect to Governor Pallin. I don't remember if it was me who brought up the issue, or was it the Democratic Party leaders who did so.

So has that warm and fuzzy feeling continued in your lives after Christmas? Are you done playing with or learning how to use some of the gifts Santa brought you?

One of my / our most favorite gifts is a Garmin Brand GPS system. We used it last evening to go to our friend's house which is about 5 miles from our home. It would be really difficult to get lost unless the streets that you are on don't exist anymore.
I started thinking about the time which I got lost leaving Gillette Stadium when Linda and I attended a preseason Game. I am not sure if the GPS System would know that the parking lot which we were in, and the traffic pattern for game day, forced us to head toward Boston instead of us going in a westerly direction when the game ended.
I will have to think about that problem.

My Boston Celtics lost a second game in a row during their West Coast trip. I am going to "chalk it up" to jet lag.

Well, I hope that everyone has a great Saturday and Sunday.

P.S. My Patriots need a win on Sunday, and some key losses by other teams, or they will be shut out of the playoffs. I will be listening to the game on radio as we head toward the airport. Go Patriots!

No comments: