Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Hello on Wednesday Morning

Dear Friends,

I received my Christmas haircut, mustache, and eyebrow trim the other day. Linda is such a good hairstylist, but I am not sure how long that she will continue the task. She gets a workout every time she takes care of me.

She received a little trim yesterday from her hair person before she went off to play Mah Jongg.
The games were played at a friend's home in a neighboring town which wasn't affected by the ice storm. Since the lady's home is located very close to a local lake, the friend had to deal with water in the cellar.

I decided to make an unplanned visit with my parents in Lee before heading back to Pittsfield for my 2 PM Irish Sister City Meeting. During this visit, my mother wasn't doing well since she fell in the bedroom on Monday when she woke up. She hurt her neck, and got a good size bump on the back of her head. She didn't want me to tell my father how awful she felt because she didn't want to go see a doctor. She thinks that my fathers sees enough doctors for the both of them!

The ground has a coating of the white stuff. We might have a white Christmas if all goes well.

News -- How about the guy who bilked investors out of $50 billion? Some of our pension fund managers in Massachusetts invested with this guy. Maybe not having a great deal of disposable cash to invest is a good thing for Linda and I.
How could this guy have succeeded for so long before he got caught? Do you think that he was a Republican or a Democrat?

Supper -- Yes, I had the crock pot working on Tuesday. I had some red sauce with a mixture of sweet and hot sausages brewing while were doing our thing on Tuesday. We had some heart healthy wheat Penne pasta, and a green salad too.

Politics -- Should the first lady be paid? Obama's wife is taking a financial hit by giving up her law firm work to be the dutiful Presidential wife. Yes, she does have perks living in the Whitehouse. Heaven forbid if she speaks her mind, or offers public advice on pressing issues. Congressional leaders, the media, etc., will beat her up like they did when Hillary tried to take on issues when her husband was President.

Social Calendar -- Linda is getting close to overload. She has wrapping to finish as well as baking and cooking to do before our open house next Tuesday, and Christmas day dinner. My parents, and Aunt Gladys, and hopefully our son and his wife from Boston. I also invited another Aunt and Uncle, but I haven't heard heard from them yet.

My UNICO brothers and sisters will be ringing bells for the Salvation Army at Walmart today and tomorrow. I will be there with a crew from 3 PM until 5 PM tomorrow. It will be in the mid 30's on Thursday afternoon.

Linda is also supposed to make run to Cosco's on Thursday with a friend. They are also going to do a little Mall Shopping. I couldn't believe it when Linda told me that the husband of the friend is going on the adventure. Another female friend is going too. So there will be three females, and one male, and a trunk of a car that is just so big.
If you knew my male friend, and how he does his shopping, you would know that this will not be a good mix! Maybe he should do a little bell ringing with me on Thursday.
You also don't realize that when just Linda and the friend go to Coscos, they have coolers in the trunk for food which they purchase, and they need the back seat for the overflow.

It looks like my friend and I will need the cold weather gear for Sunday's game at Gillette Stadium.The temperatures will be in the 20 degree range. We will be experiencing some wintry weather too. Luckily, the game starts at 1 PM so that we will have the illusion of warmth. No, I don't want to hear any responses of how warm it will be in your home as my friend and I experience the joys of winter in the Northeast.

Well, I have to read the newspaper, and get that second cup of coffee.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: