Thursday, December 4, 2008

Hello on Thursday Morning

Dear Friends,

I got a late start this morning. I ate some leftover Thanksgiving fruit last evening while Linda was at a restaurant with her book club friends. About 11 PM, I was feeling pretty sick. Doctor Linda to the rescue. Several doses of Pepto Bismol seemed to do the trick. I needed another dose at 3 AM too. I feel great right now, and I am actually ready for a little breakfast.

We had a pleasant day yesterday working together (at times). Linda worked until 4:30 PM. She was one hurting buckaroo by day's end. Every room and bathroom (four of them) in the house has a reminder of the Christmas Season on walls, counters, tables, coffee tables, etc.

Today we have the tree to do, and the mantle decorations, and that should be it. Bring on Christmas, and the parties!

Linda is busy once again this evening. She is going out with some teacher friends to a dinner and a movie in a neighboring town. Of course, the movie selection is one of those Chick Flick's. Thank God for Linda having many sets of girl friends. to see all of those movies which don't peak my interest very much.

I had a sporting contest last evening to keep me entertained. I have a hockey game this evening to watch while she is doing her thing.

I am staying away from leftovers this evening. I should have listened to Linda when she wanted to throw the fruit out the other day. I often hear her, but I choose to do the opposite which is not good. They can make a new sitcom called: "Linda knows best!"

Politics -- Obama's cabinet keeps on growing with good people. Let's see if they can turn things around.
Since we get the Albany , New York news in the Berkshires, I see where they are closing more plants, and shipping jobs to Mexico. When are we as a nation going to wake up? If they foreign companies don't purchase American made goods, then we don't buy their goods.
Another thing that I am sick of hearing is that American cars are not made as well as the foreign made cars. The American media has brain washed us into believing that. Linda's 1996 Dodge Neon is still going strong. I drive a used Subaru, but the car was made in the United States. It is still going strong as it approaches 98,000 miles.
I am tired of people beating up on SUV owners, and the people who own large pick up trucks. Most people purchase these vehicles with a purpose in mind. The people who haul their camping trailers can't be using a Mini Cooper to do the task. All the people who I know with those large trucks, use it in their business. If I won the lottery, I would purchase a van for my son so that he could use it for deliveries, and catering. Of course, this would be an American made van.

The countries who supply us oil are very nervous because they know that we Americans have so many smart people who can invent new ways, engines. etc. to propel our cars both large and small.
Can you imagine if some one could take sea water, which covers most of the earth, and some how transform it into fuel? This sounds so far fetched an idea, but didn't someone say that "Man cannot fly". Didn't some smart people get together, and invent a bomb that put an an end to World War II? I say that there will be a point in time where we will say: "Let them eat sand".

Well, it is time for me to get my butt in gear. I am already two hours behind my usual starting time.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: