Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Hello on Wednesday Morning

Dear Friends,

We had another pleasant day in Curley world.
I ate lunch with the Mah Jongg ladies before going into a "disappearing act" mode.
There were only four players, including the hostess. The hostess ended up with the most wins. The Curley luck continues!

The Trivial Pursuit Game at the Brew Works Pub went well. Our group was the oldest in the place. We had an advantage at times, and we had no clue at other times for the seemingly difficult questions. Let us say we did not end up in last place. I would say that we ended up in the middle of the group of participants. Most of the participants were in the 25 to 35 age group. When the people in charge started asking musical questions about different rap groups, our table was in real trouble.
We won't be at the next trivial pursuit game since it is scheduled on the same night at the Curley Christmas Party.

My social calendar has two things on it today. I have to make a visit to my parents in Lee. I will be dropping off some of those crock pot soups which dear old mom really enjoys.
At 3 PM, I will be joining my UNICO brothers and sisters at St. Mark's School cafeteria preparing for the CYC (Catholic Youth Center) Pasta dinner for their basketball program. I am hoping the the 50 degree weather, and the rain doesn't put a damper on the festivities.

Linda and another friend will be accompanying an active teacher as she goes through a day surgery gall bladder removal. This friend is single, and she has no immediate family here in the Berkshires. Gall bladder surgery is a simple operation usually, but their friend doesn't do pain medication well. This is a case of friends taking care of friends!
Linda and her friend are then going to wake today. A 56 year old husband of a teacher colleague passed away after a courageous battle with cancer. The wake takes place right in the middle of our Pasta Dinner. Linda will have to represent our family.

Politics -- I didn't realize that if you had enough money, you can purchase a Senate seat.

A fourth New York State community wants to ban text messaging while driving. I have trouble just answering my cell when it rings while I am driving. If I try and enter a telephone number while I am driving, I usually swerve the car all over the road. I can't imagine text messaging while driving.

Well, I have to go out and dodge the rain drops. The wind knocked over my three garbage cans. My recyclables of bottles and cans are rolling up and down the street.
How can two retirees generate 3 cans of garbage? If our two boys were living with us, we would need a dumpster on garbage collection day.

Have a great Wednesday.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: