Sunday, December 21, 2008

Hello on Sunday Morning

Dear Friends,

We made it through a hectic Saturday, but it was fun.
Our first stop was the UNICO Children's Christmas Party. We left as the organizers were picking up after the affair.

We went directly to the Italian American Club for the members Christmas lunch. By the time we arrived, the food table was reduced to a card table. We ate what little was there.

We then headed off to do a couple of errands before coming home to freshen up for our last adventure of the day. Before this adventure , we stopped at Patrick's Pub for some light fare.
The Pub was hopping so we had to eat at the bar. It was like old home week in there. As usual, the Curley's knew just about everyone.

Our final event of the day was a Celtic Concert at the Colonial theater which is about 500 feet from the Pub. Once again, we knew a good number of people at the concert including most of the volunteer ushers. The Concert was great. It was billed as "The Leahey Family Celtic Christmas." The band is comprised of 11 siblings, and their offspring. It was awesome! It ended a little after 10 PM. I was in bed by 10:30 PM.

Well, my friend and I decided that we are going to the Patriot Game. It was mostly my decision. Yes, the forecast hasn't changed. We will be dashing through snow in the Berkshires, and into a wintry mix at the Stadium. After finishing this e-mail, I will gather all my food, cold weather gear, and rain gear. I think that I will be using my rain gear for certain amount of time today for sure. The Berkshires will be getting an all snow event.

Linda and my friend's wife are going out to breakfast at 10 AM. Hopefully, we will be at the stadium, and I will have the grill fired up. We will be having man food today for sure.

I don't think that are wives are going to do any shopping. Linda had me take out the ingredients for some of the items which have to be baked. The baking can't be postponed much longer.

Well, my friend and I will wave to you from the Patriot Game.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: