Friday, December 5, 2008

Hello on Friday Morning

Dear Friends,

Just before the decorating started, my sister called to say that her daughter and her newborn are doing very well. She also called to ask me to take dear old dad for a follow up visit for an Ultra Sound that he had on this past Monday.

We didn't complete the decorations as planned. The artificial tree took a little more work to set up. I had to add another string of lights since I just couldn't get some sets to work. So if you do come to our house, don't comment on the bulbs that are unlit. We should have enough decorations on the tree to cover up the defects.

While I was playing electrician, Linda set up more decorations around the house as well as decorating the mantle over the fireplace. She has 11 Christmas Santa's on the mantle, and there isn't room for any more!

Linda left the house a little after 4 PM to do an errand before meeting her girlfriends for dinner and a movie. I can't give you any details of how things went because I was in bed before she arrived home.

While Linda was doing her thing, I ate a portion of a pot roast which I prepared in the crock pot. After eating supper, I semi watched the Boston Bruins Hockey Game. I say "semi" because I was dosing on and off throughout the whole game. I woke up as they were doing the post game show. Luckily , I found out that the Bruins won their game.

We will decorate the tree after Linda gets up, and after she reads the local newspaper. Breaking a routine makes for a grumpy person.

Our social calendar is not booked in for today at the present time. I saw Linda perusing a Christmas Tree Shops flier which arrived yesterday. I have a feeling that the store is calling her. We will have to make a decision to drive east to the Holyoke Mall, or drive west to the Colonie Mall in New York State. It is about an hour drive in either direction.

Age -- I talking to a friend the other about growing old. Her take on growing old was that there are age mile stones like turning 30, 40 and 50, and 60 years old. As we get older, the age mile stones are in multiples of 5 instead of ten. I think that I tend to agree with her. I am "tweener right now.

It is hard to believe that I turn 62 in a few short weeks. I never asked my mother what it was like to miss Christmas, and deliver a child two days before Christmas (December 23, 1946). I know that I almost killed my mother during child birth, and that I was a breach born baby( butt end first). My mother told me that she and I stayed in the hospital for over a month before she was allowed to come home. She also told me that I was born with a lot of hair. Can you visualize me in the nursery as people went to view their child through those glass windows (which they don't do anymore)?

Speaking of hair, I renewed my driver's license the other day. I went at a perfect time because I was second in line. The female who waited on me was all upset. She said it wasn't me with all my hair. In her break room, she saw a centipede, and she got all grossed out.
I asked her to do a retake of the first picture which is going on my license. From my final picture, I can see how I could scare a little child. I don't want grandchildren
( children of friends) crying or hiding when I walk in the door. This has happened before with a neighborhood friend who is now an adult.

Well, I have to do some quiet chores, and send some other e-mail.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: