Monday, December 22, 2008

Hello on Monday Morning

Dear Friends,

My friend and I made a very good decision to not go to the Patriot Game. The snow, and wintry mix from the middle of the State to the coast was the most severe. We picked up 3 or 4 inches of snow. From Worcester to Boston, they got the worst of this coastal storm. Pittsfield is too far inland.
Yes, I did watch the Patriot Game in the comfort of our own home. The next door neighbors came over at half time for some fun and merriment. The hot sausages, which I was going to cook while tailgating, ended up so delicious in the crock pot.

My e-mails keep talking about Linda baking. Not! After Linda reads the local newspaper this morning, she will be in the baking mode all day long. All the days which we postponed the baking are coming to an end.
I am the guy who stirs the batter, cleans up the pots, pans, and bowls. I am also the guy who peels the raw shrimp.
Speaking of shrimp, I don't think that we have ever bought the thaw and eat shrimp. Yes, it does take a great deal of work peeling the raw shrimp, but Linda and I think that it is worth the effort.

It is difficult to believe that Christmas is a few days away. We will have a White Christmas, but ice to rain is forecasted for Christmas Eve.
Speaking of ice, our friend's sister, who lives in New Jersey, fell on black ice in her driveway, and broke her arm the other day. An orthopedics doctor is going to deal with the problem this morning. Of course, this person has a houseful of guests coming over to her home for Christmas day dinner.

Today is also the day for my sister's elbow surgery at University of Massachusetts Medical Center in Worcester. I hope that the roads to the hospital are okay. Worcester is about a 1.5 hour drive from Pittsfield. My sister has a houseful of people coming to her home on Christmas Day, including a toddler, a baby, and three other children. Some of her children and their significant others will be taking over the kitchen duties.

Politics -- I am not going to discuss politics until after Christmas. I am going to think happy thoughts. I am going to think about being a good Democrat, a liberal, and a person who would vote for another Kennedy (qualified or not). I am going to think about the auto- makers loans from the Federal government. I am going to think about the Madoff scandal, and all the rich people who got bilked by this person and his scheme. I am going to think about Unions, and the power that they once had. I am going the think about the architect of "Change", and the new direction which our country will be heading in. I am going to say a prayer for all of our military men and women who won't be home for the holidays. I am going to pray for peace in the world among all nations. I will also pray that there is a better way toward peace than building bigger and better weapons of destruction, and killing one another.

Well, I am going to start peeling a batch of shrimp. I think that this is a quiet activity.
Have a great Monday.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: