Thursday, December 11, 2008

Hello on Thursday Morning

Dear Friends,

Our day went as planned on Wednesday. I left to visit with my parents before Linda even woke up on Wednesday. I whipped up some scrambled eggs for my parents. Originally my father said: "Don't bother to make them." Of course, they both ate every single morsel that I put on their plates.

Linda enjoyed a quiet couple of hours until I arrived home near 11 AM. She spent several hours organizing Christmas presents which have to be wrapped. I am not sure if she wrapped very much until she had to leave the house. Yes, she did go to the wake. She did pick her frind up from the hospital. The friend's gall bladder surgery went well. She is recuperating quite nicely.

The pasta fund raising dinner went well also. The crew of UNICO brothers and sisters served over 200 people which was more than we expected. There were no leftovers. We received multiple compliments from the organizers of the fundraiser, and from the people who attended the event. Once again, there was much fun and merriment in the kitchen as we prepared and served the food. Yes, you can have fun even though you are working!

My social calendar is totally free today. I will spending most of my waking time wrapping presents.
Linda is going out this evening for her monthly BONCO session. The person who hosts the month of December turns the gathering into a Christmas Party.
I have some sporting contests to keep me entertained while she is gone.

Speaking of sports, my friends who are avid Yankee fans, were all excited yesterday when their team signed a pitcher to a multi-year $130 million dollar contract. They didn't want to hear my comment which I heard from a sport's broadcaster on the radio. Last year this pitcher pitched in 254 innings. Whenever he has done this in the past, the following year, he pitches about 120 innings. Does this sound like a person who is going to get the Yankees another World Series championship?
The Yankees need more than a pitcher from what I observed last year. There are some weak links in the other 8 positions on the starting team for the Yankees. If these issues aren't addressed, it might be another sad year for my friends who are fans of the New York Yankees.

Well, I have some other quiet activities to take care of.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: