Saturday, December 20, 2008

Hello on Saturday Morning

Dear Friends,

The Northeast is coated with a blanket of snow. Santa will have no trouble in his sleigh a couple of days from now. We didn't venture outside once the snow started falling a little after noon time. It appears that we picked up about 10 inches of this light snow. The snow was light because the temperatures were too cold. The best snow flies just around the 32 degree mark, but then there also is a chance that the snow might change over to a mix.

No, we didn't fire up the crock pot, which we traditionally do on the day of snowstorm. I stuffed a couple of boneless pork chops. We had a salad , and an artichoke (which looked pretty good in the grocery store). This is another thing which my colorblindness presents a problem. I couldn't tell a good artichoke from a bad one.

I think some baking might be on the agenda today after I snow blow the side walks, and paths to my bird feeders. Our plow guy did the driveway shortly after the storm ended around 9 PM.

I might make a stop to see my parents in Lee, and whip up some lunch for them. Not!
I forgot that there is a Christmas party for children of UNICO members at the ITAM lodge at noon today. I have to be there since I am the President of UNICO. I also have to introduce Santa when he arrives from the North Pole.

Politics -- Caroline Kennedy seems like the front runner for Hillary's senate seat in New York. Maybe not being too qualified isn't bad. She definitely won't be carrying much baggage into the position.

The Governor of Illinois claims he is innocent. He is going to fight to the bitter end to retain his job. At least he wasn't caught on tape like a Massachusetts representative did, stuffing $1000 into her bra. She no longer is a Massachusetts legislator.

Patriots -- My friend and I are in the discussion process of skipping the game on Sunday. Yes, you heard that correctly! There is another winter storm rolling in, but it contains snow, sleet, freezing rain, and rain in the Stadium area. We might have to eat the tickets. We can't get rid of the tickets because it is too late to do so. My friend and I are going to "play it by ear!"
If we don't go to the game, we will have a party at the Curley's, and watch the game with a few Patriot fans.

Well, Linda has a list of quiet activities for me to do.
Have a great weekend.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: