Thursday, December 18, 2008

Hello on Thursday Morning

Dear Friends,

Linda was a wrapping machine on Wednesday. I knew she was ready for action when she came downstairs in sweatpants instead of her sleepwear.

I normally would have helped her, but my Dr. Phil like services were required at my parent's home in Lee. When I left their home, "All was calm, and all was bright."

I did use my snow blower yesterday for the couple of inches of snow which fell in Pittsfield. My driveway is down to the black top. Yes, I will watch out for the black ice. I purchased some environmentally safe ice melt in my travels on Wednesday.

Speaking of snow, it is definite that we are going to have a white Christmas. We have some snow coming in on Friday afternoon. A second shot of the white stuff will arrive as we are exiting the Patriot Game on Sunday, and a third dose is predicted to fall on Christmas Eve.

If all of these predictions come true, my snow bird friends will be "chomping at the bit" to leave for Florida after the Holidays. Some of our friends are in Florida right now.

How about the city in the United States which was running out of road salt, and decided to add garlic salt from a nearby processing plant? Can you visualize what the city must smell like as the salt trucks do their job?

My social calendar has only one required task on it today. I will be at Walmart ringing the Salvation Army Bells with several UNICO brothers and sisters from 3 to 5 PM. The mid thirty temperatures, and a relatively calm day will make for a fun couple of hours.

If I have enough energy, I could go to a Big Brothers and Big Sisters Christmas party which some other UNICO brothers and sisters are putting on at the Italian American Club at 6 PM.

Linda is getting up early once again. She is going off on a shopping adventure for the whole day. Linda is going to be at her friend's home at 8 AM. Plans have changed, and the only shoppers will be Linda and her friend.
After an hour drive, they will be at the front door of Cosco's in Springfield, Massachusetts.
After the food shopping adventure, they are off to the Ingelside Mall for some last minute gifts. They are planning to go to another smaller Mall which has a Whole Foods Market, and a Trader Joe's store in it. Maybe, they should rent a U-Haul!

Our Christmas day dinner guests are set. There will be nine of us around the dinner table. An Aunt and Uncle and their son and daughter got added yesterday.
Neither of our sons and their families will be with us this year. We are trying to get them all booked in for next Christmas.

I don't have to be so quiet this morning since Linda will be up early today.

Have a great Thursday.
Talk to you soon.

No comments: