Friday, January 2, 2009

Hello on Friday after New Years

Dear Friends,
We spent another pleasant day in Kansas. We actually did a little child care in the evening so that Mike & Danielle could go to the movies.
It is so nice to deal with a grandchild who wakes up happy every morning. The few times she actually makes a fuss is when she is put down for a nap, or for bedtime, but that only lasts about 2 minutes.
The only time that she cried yesterday was when she was riding one of those toys which you push with your feet. She fell off and whacked her head on the wall when I turned my head for an instant.
Isabelle hasn't started to walk yet, but she will in the next couple of weeks.

I watched some football off and on during the day, but I never watched a complete game.

Politics -- I am getting tired of the Caroline Kennedy discussions. Gov. Patterson of New York should just make a decision so that the talking should stop. Prolonging the decision just gives the talking heads something to talk about.
My son gave me two books to read. One is written by Bill O'Reilly, one of the talking heads. The other is a book, which I shall read, is about what are the pro's and con's of the United States entering all the conflicts in situations throughout the world. This is from a military person's perspective.

Supper tonight -- We are dinning out this evening. We are on the early shift since Mike and Danielle coordinate the eating on Isabelle's schedule. I hope that she was as good as she was the other night at the seafood place. You wouldn't even know that we were dinning with a one year old.
The Lydia I mentioned the other day is the Italian Lady on PBS. I think that I had her incorrect last name. We do have her cookbook which Linda purchased at her New York Restaurant.

I am glad that I am not in the Berkshires because I would be working on issues which need to be dealt with respect to UNICO and our Irish Sister City Committee.

My mother continues to do well after her procedures. She is still at the hospital. A time table of what happens next has not been established. I am not sure if my father can act as the care giver if mom goes from the hospital to their home when the doctors release her. Helping my sister out dealing with my mother is another issue which I would be dealing with if we were back in Pittsfield.

I am the only one up now. I have to be quiet so Linda, Mike, Danielle, and Isabelle can sleep a little longer. Just being quiet so Linda can get a few more hours of sleep is quite a challenge, and now it is even more complicated.

I would love to make a pot of coffee, but they have marble counter tops. Do you know what a teaspoon sounds like when if I don't put it down gently on the counter top. I could wake up the world!

Well, I am going to start reading one of the books which Mike lent me. I don't think that reading is a noisy activity, do you?

Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: