Friday, January 23, 2009

Hello on Friday Morning

Dear Friends,
I had no luck with my ice-fishing adventure. The guys next to me caught a trout.
The hatchery truck did stop by at noontime. They stocked about a dozen Salmon, all in the three foot plus range. No one caught any when they were released, but I am going back this morning to see if I can catch one. The temperature is supposed to rise into the mid 30's which will seem like a heat wave. The temperatures are supposed to drop like a rock Saturday afternoon, and remain in the teens for the next two days.

Linda had fun at her Mah Jongg session at a new person's home in Lee. Several of the usual players are off in warmer climates.

Linda and I met at the nursing home when she finished her Mah Jongg session, and when I decided it was time to leave the ice (about 3:30 PM). Good thing that we were there because Mom was in bed when supper arrived. She still has the swallowing, and keeping food down issue. The evening meal was baked macaroni which would have been a disaster. We had them bring soup, and Jello. Linda fed my mother.
When Linda and I left, I asked Linda who is going to feed us when we are 30 years older, and experiencing some physical difficulties. Our children don't live just 12 miles away. Maybe having the "Big One" (a heart attack), is the best way to end our lives on this earth.
Speaking of heart attacks, Linda and I had a wonderful pot roast (red meat) last evening. It was so nice to come home to a home cooked meal , especially since we were so busy. The crock pot did a wonderful job cooking the meat, and including the cooking of carrots, onions, and potatoes.


Politics -- I hope that some of my readers got over the Kenndy thing, and the Treasury Secretary thing. It sounded like that they didn't pay taxes on income. What they failed to do (including the Curley's at the time), was to pay for a baby sitter to come to their home to take care of their children (or had a Nanny).
The women which we hired was a sweet heart, but wanted to be paid cash so that she wouldn't have to claim the income. The price was right, and we accommodated her. Sue me!

Social Calendar -- Linda will be enjoying another day of no one bugging her.
I don't know if we have any firm plans for this evening. I haven't been last too long after getting a full day of fresh air on the ice. I am getting a good facial tan when the sun comes out.
I am leaving the house early today. I want to be on the ice at Laurel Lake when the sun comes up since I know everyone in Lee probably knows about the salmon which were put in the lake yesterday. Word travels fast in a small town!
I did see a couple of my old Lee buddies which made the day a pleasurable one.

Have to put on my ice-fishing gear, and head out the door soon. This fish are calling me and not Linda! The Curley Lad

No comments: