Sunday, January 11, 2009

Hello on Sunday Morning

Dear Friends,

Linda had a fun time at the Baby Shower which she attended. She squeezed in a little shopping after the shower. She also went to a friend's home for knitting consult. She didn't arrive home until after 5 PM.

I visited my mother in the Rehab Center at Laurel Lake in Lee. My father was helping my mother with lunch when I arrived. He had been there all morning long. Mom continues to improve, but the process is slow, especially when you are 92 years old.

Speaking of health issues, the knitting consult was for one of Linda's Tuesday Mah Jongg friends. She has three clogged arteries. She does everything that you are supposed to do with respect to eating the correct foods. She is not overweight. She is in her mid 70's. She and her husband play golf. They are avid skiers. They exercise.
Linda went to her house because the doctor's told her not to drive until after the bypass. There is a history of heart disease in the family.

The Crock Pot beef stew was wonderful for supper on Saturday.

Well, we have another crock pot going right now. Pulled pork sandwiches while watching the 1 PM and 5 PM football games will be the menu for the day. I will flush those arteries with a couple of glasses of red wine.

The snow-- We didn't get as much as predicted, but I do see a 3 foot plus drift at the end of the driveway which was left by the City of Pittsfield plowers. There is light snow falling as I type this e-mail. Yes, I will be snow blowing in a little while.
The Winter Storm Warning goes until noon. I should make a trip to Lee to snow blow dear old dad's driveway, and visit Mom in the rehab Center for a little while.

I replenished the bird feeders on Saturday. The birds and squirrels were very happy.

I finished savoring the book which I started the other day while Linda was doing her Saturday activities. The savoring lasted two days which I thought was pretty good for me.

Politics -- I don't have the energy to discuss them on Sunday. It is a day of rest for me.

Have to get a second cup of coffee, and read the local newspaper before dealing with the snow. I will read the Globe after my outdoor activities.

Have a great Sunday.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: