Sunday, January 25, 2009

Hello on Sunday Morning

Dear Friends,

It is two below zero, and still falling. If there is a January thaw, it won't be starting for the next few days. As a matter of fact, Linda talked to one of her Mah Jongg friends who is currently staying in Florida. She said that she had to turn the heat on since it was so cold.

Our Saturday went well. I tried my luck at ice-fishing once again for about four hours. Actually I went from the ice, to a wake service before a funeral, to a visit with my Mom, back to the ice, and then back to visit Mom before I headed home early Saturday afternoon.

While I was taking an afternoon nap, Linda went off to do some errands.

No our day didn't end when she came home at 4:30 PM. We went off to Bennigan's, and a movie at the Berkshire Mall with another couple. The food, and the movie, "Grand Torino", was good.

No our day didn't end after the movies. We decided to have some Friendly's Ice cream before heading home.

Politics -- I was thinking about several of the comments from my Republican family and friends. One response talked about how the Liberal media picked on the last President from the moment he took office. First of all, when the last Republican President took office, there was some question of whether he actually won the election. That controversy in itself, set the tone.
Also, President Bush did open himself up to a great deal of scrutiny. He did have a little trouble with the spoken word. He and his advisers did get us into a never ending conflict under the guise of Weapons of Mass Destruction. I am not denying that the Twin Towers Destruction didn't happen. I am not denying that Sadam was a bad guy, but I am more afraid of Iran.
There are despots in a good deal of countries throughout the world which need our watchful eye. Can we afford, and do we have the manpower / resources to go after every one of them?

Social Calendar -- Linda is going off to see a double feature movie with two of her girlfriends at a south county movie theater this afternoon. I will finish savoring another book since I am staying away from the frozen pond until it gets a bit warmer one of these days.
Oops, I forgot that I should visit my mother at the Rehab Center once again.

Next Sunday is the Superbowl, and I can't wait! Actually , I can't wait to see the 30 second, 3 million dollar commercials. Sometimes, they end up worth watching more than the football game itself.

Have a great Sunday, and enjoy the last week of January.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: