Monday, January 26, 2009

Hello on Monday Morning

Dear Friends,

It is below zero once again today. I did stop at the lake across from the Rehab / Nursing home in Lee yesterday. I almost couldn't get a parking place at the boat ramp since there were so many people ice-fishing. I wasn't planning on ice fishing since I was out of live minnow bait. The water from the tap in Pittsfield killed the 6 or 7 bait that I had left over when I left the ice on Saturday.
My taking of the grill created a good deal of discussion from my Catholic readers. I am pretty sure the person left the grill, and just didn't forget to take it home last weekend. There were supposed to be four spring loaded folding legs to keep the grill off of the ground. Upon further inspection, only one leg was still attached to the grill. Like I surmised, the person didn't want the grill any more. I can sleep without guilt!

Politics -- It is good to see the my political views elicited much discussion over the past few days. Let us see what another week will bring as we enter Obama's first full week as President.

Social Calendar -- I am leaving the house a little after 7 AM to do that radio / public access television program called "Good Morning Pittsfield". I think that I am going to go from the interview to the frozen pond. The bait shop is a couple of miles from the radio station. The ice fishing adventure is really dependent on the weather forecast

Linda is hosting Mah Jongg at our hour tonight at 6:30 PM. This group of friends hasn't played since before Christmas. They will be in serious withdrawal mode.

Doctors / Mother / Swallowing issues -- My father and sister are going off to see the same doctor for their health issues mid morning today. Their appointments are 30 minutes apart.
Mom has a 2:30 PM appointment with a neurosurgeon today. She will travel by the nursing home van to the appointment. The Rehab center is also going to look into the swallowing issues which Mother has been experiencing for the past week.
I spoke to the head person in the kitchen on Sunday, and she will make sure that Mom gets more of the soup, jello, ice cream type of food instead of the full meals which Mother can't stand to look at.

Well, I have to get back to my quiet activities.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: