Thursday, January 8, 2009

Hello on Thursday from the Berkshires

Dear Friends,

Our departure from Kansas went as planned. The flight from Kansas to Cincinnati to Hartford was right on time. They did have to de-ice the airplane in Cincinnati.
When we finally got to the car in the Park & Fly lot, I did have to chisel off a layer of ice.

By the time we arrived home from Bradley International, a light drizzle turned into snow as we entered the Berkshires. It is a winter wonderland outside right now. If I knew how to work Linda's camera, I would be outside taking pictures.

Let me correct that, I am up so early, it is still pitch black outside right now. I was having trouble sleeping. My father called just after my head hit the pillow around 10 PM last night to say that my mother was experiencing chest pains while she was at the Nursing Home / Rehab center. She was being taken by ambulance to Berkshire Medical Center. My sister went off to the hospital to deal with the situation. Since Linda likes to stay up past midnight, she was on call to get an update on my mother situation. After a bunch of tests, it was determined that Mom didn't have a heart problem. She did have a fever so they were doing more tests to see what the problem was. I will be off to the hospital in a little while.

On a different note, I wish that we had our grand daughter with us in the snow covered Berkshires. I would bundle her up, and put her on a sled of some sort, and we would go dashing in the snow. Even though some of our friends despise the ice, the snow, and the cold weather, Linda and I love it. It is so nice to look out your window, and see a change in weather. For 10 days, we saw the same sunny days, the same temperature range of 20's for the low, and 40's to 50's for the highs. You wouldn't know that it is even a different season except for the fact that the grass is brown instead of green.

I might even have to fire up the snow blower today so that I can make paths to my bird feeders. I know that the birds and the red and gray squirrels missed me. My fury and feather friends will be happy today.

Politics -- I want the inauguration of the new President to take place so that he and his cabinet can get to work. A report in the newspaper yesterday stated that if we continue to have a presence in Iraq and Afghanistan, it will cost us tax payers $150 billion dollars.

Well , I have a gazillion things running through my brain which I have to do. Some of them are noisy activities which I definitely can't start until Linda wakes up. I might even be at the hospital before she wakes up.

Have a great Thursday.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: