Friday, January 30, 2009

Hello on Friday Morning

Dear Family and Friends,

The Mah Jongg ladies love coming to our house for their weekly session. They arrived at 11:30 AM, and had lunch until noon. They migrated to our finished off basement where the game table is set up. On a second table, Linda sets up snacks. They were having so much fun that the games never ended until almost 5 PM.
Since I left for Lee before the ladies arrived, I missed the crock pot chicken soup. There were no leftovers. Linda filled up some containers of the soup for their friend who had quadruple by pass surgery a couple of weeks, ago. Her husband doesn't know his way around in a kitchen so he will enjoy the soup too.

I spent the afternoon in Lee keeping busy. I cleaned my father's driveway with his snow blower. I then went to visit my mother at the Lee Rehab / Nursing home. She has a wicked chest cold, but she did go through a morning and afternoon therapy session. The case worker, and the therapists said that Mom is not ready to come home.
My sister, and her daughter, and her baby were at the Rehab Center when I arrived. Malakai James Tirrell Lylte is a cutie. He was born on November 24, 2008 but he looks like he has the potential to be a linebacker in the NFL even though he is less than a year old.
I did have my car filled with my ice-fishing gear, but I didn't have the energy to put in my five tip ups. My illness has moved from a sore throat to a head cold. I can't get sick since we have a bunch of people coming to our house for a Super BowL Party on Sunday. Most of the people coming to the party have already said that they could care less about the game it self. They are coming for the socialization, food, and to chose their favorite commercials during the game.

No, my day didn't end with the visit with my mother. I attended a 4 PM wake at the only funeral home in Lee for a family who lost their 89 year old mother to cancer. I saw a good deal of my Lee Goombahs whom I haven't seen in years. I arrived early at the funeral home, but they wouldn't let us in until almost 4:10 PM. I was third in line.

Well, I was going to go ice-fishing today, but I might just stay home a read a good book, and work through my cold.

Linda has a body maintenance appointment at 10 AM. I believe that is it for our social calendar for Friday. Of course, we will be working on the details for our Super Bowl Party.

Have a great weekend.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: