Monday, January 5, 2009

Hello on Monday Morning

Dear Friends,

Mike left for work at 7:30 AM. The rest of us are up. They baby is almost done eating breakfast. Life is Good!
We had another pleasant day in Kansas. My two football teams, which I predicted to win, did so in convincing fashion.

Politics -- My political ramblings did stir up a bit of a discussion. I would like to try my isolationist views for a year or two just to show the rest of the world that we, in the United States, can function on our own. The other countries would go bankrupt for sure.
With respect to our natural resources, and how long they are available, we have enough smart people to invent ways to decrease our need for oil. I am not a fan of drilling in places like Alaska. Just little spills on our waterways reek havoc for many years. I don't like the risk!
Maybe we should just invade and conquer the Gulf Region, and make it our 51st State.

It is difficult to believe that we have been in Kansas for 7 days now. Do you think that we have overstayed our welcome?

I am a little nervous about flying back home on Wednesday morning. We go from Kansas to Cincinnati to Hartford. A wintry mix is heading from west to east in both places.

My mother continues to improve in the hospital. They gave her two units of blood to adjust her low blood pressure problem, and she was kind of perky on Sunday. Still no discussion of a discharge date.

The programmable crock pot which was a Christmas / Family gift received its maiden test on Sunday. The pork roast was cooked to perfection. We stripped the meat, and made pulled pork sandwiches. It was great comfort, and football game watching type of food.

Well, I have to go. My entertaining Isabelle skills are required since both Danielle, and Linda are occupied.

Have a great day at work or play.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: