Saturday, January 17, 2009

Hello on Saturday

Dear Friends,

Linda and her friends had a nice breakfast on Friday morning. They had a moment of silence for one of their regulars who passed away when Linda and I were in Kansas. The former French Teacher and Year Book Advisor was 73 years old. She had some type of pulmonary disease.

After Linda arrived home mid morning, we decided to both go off and visit my mother at the Rehab Center in Lee. We arrived a little before she was done with morning therapy. While we were there, she picked up a new roommate. The 82 year old is on oxygen, and the machine is going all day and night long. Since my mother's hearing is not good, they make perfect roommates.
Mom wants to go home, but my sister and I can't be her daily caregivers, and my father is not healthy enough to do so. My sister and I have some weighty decisions to make.

We went to the Shamrock for supper last night. We went early so that we could come home and get into our sleepwear, and sit in front of the fireplace.

It is 8 degrees below zero right now. We are supposed to do something with another couple, but we decided to "play it by ear." We do have some light snow coming in later tonight, and into Sunday. The snow will be light and fluffy. The forecast right now is an inch tonight, and 2 to 4 inches during Sunday.
I hope that our friends, who are flying in from Atlanta to Newark on Sunday don't run into weather problems.

On Sunday, we have our Monthly ITAM officers meeting (1 PM), and membership meeting (2:30 PM) on Sunday. Linda and I will be busy from 1 PM until 4:30 PM. It is not exactly the way which we want to spend our Sunday. There is a strong possibility that we are not going to run for any officer positions next year.

Politics -- We are debating whether to have an Inauguration Party or not. We might even go off to some restaurants which have decided to have parties, and serve free appetizers. If it is really cold, we might just fire up the crock pot, and stay in for most of the day.

Sports -- I have NFL Playoffs to keep me entertained this weekend. One game is going to be played in 78 degree weather in Arizona, and the other will be played in 4 degree weather with snow flurries in Pittsburgh. I am rooting for the Eagles and Steelers, who I hope will be the Super Bowl participants.

Well, I have to get to some quiet activities, and finish savoring a book which I started the other day.

Have a great weekend. The Curley Lad

No comments: