Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Hello on Wednesday

Dear Friends,

It is a balmy 7 degrees in Pittsfield right now with a howling wind which knocked over our trash buckets. The windchill is 13 below zero. We might even get to 10 degrees for the high temperature of the day.

Linda and I decided that we want to be slugs today. Neither of us want to venture outside. We are planning on doing a Moroccan Crock Pot concoction which we will put over a bed of rice.

Guilt will most likely get me to visit my mother in Lee.

Yesterday went well. I spent several hours visiting my mother at the Rehab Center located in my home town. Mom was just getting back from a shower when I arrived in the morning. After the nursing crew helped get her dressed, she went off to a Therapy session. I drove to the family home in Lee, and visited with my father while she was at therapy.
I arrived back at the Rehab Center just in time to assist my mother with lunch. After resting for a couple of hours, a therapist came in to whisk her away for an afternoon therapy session. I left the Rehab Center around 2 PM.

Linda went off to Walmart to get some basic necessities while I was in Lee. Since a "Michael's store was nearby, Linda had to check to see if there was any discounted Christmas Decorations left. She found some treasures.

We had a hour break before we went off to our evening adventures. I dropped Linda off at an Irtish Sister City Meeting while I went off to lead a prayer service at another wake. As soon as the Prayer service was over, I made my way to the Irish Sister City Meeting. Linda took over the recording secretary duties until I arrived.

No, our night did not end when the meeting adjourned at 7:15 PM. Our final stop was a house party / birthday party for the son of our Irish Sister City guests. There was much food, fun and merriment at this affair.

Neither Linda nor I had enough energy to go to the Irish Session at O'Laughlin's Pub which takes place every Tuesday night. Yes, we did have some friends who left the birthday party, and went to O'Laughlins.

Politics -- Treasury Secretary's nomination is running into a few problems.
Hillary's confirmation looks good. Even the Republicans like her.
Hillary's replacement is still a work in progress.
Linda's Tuesday Mah Jongg ladies are canceling next Tuesday session to watch the inauguration. I can't wait to hear Obama's speech. I know that my Repubilcan friends can't wait too.

Have to get a second cup of coffee.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: