Monday, January 19, 2009

Hello on Monday Morning

Dear Friends,

We made it through an afternoon of fun at the ITAM on Sunday. Yeah Right!

I never made it to see dear old Mom on Sunday. Guilt once again is on the top of my list for stressors today.

Linda tried to get together four people for a Mah Jongg game today, but it didn't work out.

After squeezing in a short visit to see my mother in Lee:
We have a four PM wake today.
I have our monthly UNICO membership meeting at 6 PM at the Italian American Club.

Politics -- The world will be watching the festivities of the pre / during / and post activities of Obama's inauguration.
Linda's Mah Jongg ladies are even sacrificing their Tuesday session to watch the event live in their own homes.

Sports -- I was one for two in my picks for the two teams who will be playing in the Super Bowl. The most important thing now is the Curley Super Bowl Party.
I am still in morning for my Patriots who beat one of the participants in the snow on December 21, 2009 by a score 47 to 6 (maybe off a little in the score). I am going with the underdog Cardinals.

Speaking of the Super Bowl, 90 % of commercials have been sold at $3 million per 30 second slot. People are starving, lost their jobs, can't pay their mortgage, can't heat their homes, etc., and surviving companies can find money to pay these outrageous prices for advertising.

Have a great week at work or play. The Curley Lad

No comments: