Saturday, January 10, 2009

Hello on Saturday from Pittsfield

Dear Friends,

Our Friday went as planned.
I went to the Rehab Center in Lee to visit my mother. She was in group Physical Therapy when I arrived. She is improving each day. Of course , she thinks that she is ready to pack up, and go back to the family home in Lee. She is getting close to that day, but this won't take place for several more days.
I met some interesting people while at the Rehab Center. I will save those stories for another e-mail.

While I was doing my thing, Linda puttered around the house until she went off to her body maintenance procedure at 10:30 AM. She went from there to do a little grocery shopping at a store which was having a dollar sale on many items. While in the checkout line, she even shared a few crock pot recipes with some customers when they saw the 3 boneless pork roasts which she purchased. After her grocery store adventure, she headed off to visit my mother.

Speaking of groceries, I just got through loading up the crock pot with a beef stew. We need some comfort food since we are in a Weather Storm Warning until mid-day on Sunday. It is a balmy 3 degrees right now with crystal clear blue skies. The swath of snow is heading right down the middle of the State from the Berkshires to Boston. We have a minimum of 6 inches of snow predicted to fall. The temperatures are so cold that the only word in the forecast is snow. My snow blower is gassed up and ready to go.

The only thing on our social calendar today is that Linda will be attending an 11 AM baby shower for a married friend who was a classmate of our youngest son.
I will probably visit my mother in Lee before the snow starts to fall. The late afternoon through the evening is when the snow is going to arrive.

Speaking of babies, it is official, Kevin and Kyla are going to have their first child in August. Linda and I are so happy for them. We are also happy because they are a little over 2 hours from our house which means we don't have to get on an airplane to visit this grandchild. Linda is already planning on being at their doorstep more often than you can imagine.

While the snow is falling I have two professional football games to keep me entertained. They start at around 4 PM and 8 PM respectively. Linda and I don't like to be on the roads in the middle of a snowstorm. Our fireplace is all set to go too.

Our friends from a neighboring town, flew to Atlanta to visit their first grandchild who was born during the Thanksgiving period. They are experiencing all the joy which we went through when our Isabelle was born a year ago.

On a different note, I was informed that a couple of my UNICO brothers lost some loved ones. Wakes and funerals are what I will be attending for a good portion of next week. We missed two when we were in Kansas.

To our friends who are now in sunny Florida, have a margarita or two for me!

We will be drinking some Irish Coffees to stay warm here in the Berkshires. Yes, we still love the the stormy and wintry weather in the Berkshires. We love it when there is a winter storm warning on the weather channel. I love the sound of the dueling snow blowers after the storm has ended. I love watching my feathered and furry friends in a feeding frenzy at all of my bird feeders. I don't think that Linda and I can live in a place which doesn't experience the four seasons.

Have a great weekend.
You can still enjoy family and friends no matter what the weather is.

Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: