Monday, January 12, 2009

Hello on Monday Morning

Dear Friends,
Every task which I set out to do on Sunday was accomplished. Linda did enjoy several hours of uninterrupted newspaper reading while I was doing my thing.

The snow blowing was relatively easy since the snow was the light and fluffy variety.

I also stopped in at the Rehab Center, and visited my mother in Lee. She was sitting in a chair when I arrived. She was tired of laying in bed. She really wants to get out of that place, and get back in her own home.

We are going to start taking down the Christmas decorations. If we have enough energy, the Christmas Tree, and the mantle over the fireplace should be returned to normal. These sound like simple tasks. Not! Unless you have seen all the decorations in these two places, you really don't realize how long this process will take.

Social calendar -- I am the busy one today. I should make a trip to Lee to visit my mother. I have to lead a UNICO a prayer service at a funeral home at 5 PM. I am running a UNICO board meeting at 5:30 PM. My day should end no later than 7 PM if all goes well.

Politics -- Is there any way we can solve conflicts without killing each other? Israel wants to borrow a few Bunker Buster Bombs, and some air refueling tankers from the United States so that they can put some hurt on Iran which has threatened to annihilate Israel. Of course, Israel has to finish taking out Hamas, and resolve the Gaza strip issues.
My only thought is why does it take blood shed to resolve the problems between nations? Why is there so much hate in the world? Most people just want a small piece of the economic pie in the nation which they live in. They want to be able to have a family, and be able to work to provide for the family.
I don't know how human beings can strap bombs to their body, or fill a vehicle full of explosives, and kill themselves, and hurt innocent people.
Do any of my readers have any solutions to my queries?

Sports -- The comfort food of pulled pork sandwiches went great while the football games were on television yesterday. From the games which I watched this weekend, I am guessing that the Superbowl will involve the Eagles, and the Steelers. They appear to be the best two teams.
I did celebrate the New York Giants going down to defeat since they beat my Patriots in the Superbowl last year. In sports you may "hate" another team, but conflicts are resolved on the field, and without bloodshed (except for bumps and bruises). Maybe nations should solve their conflicts on the sports' fields instead of battlefields.

Have to go and do some quiet activities.
Have a great week at work or play.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: