Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Hello on Wednesday Morning

Dear Friends,

Well, I got caught up in the inauguration stuff all day long on Tuesday.
I never visited my mother at the rehab center. Guilt!
I finished savoring a 565 page book called "The Gate House".
I never went ice fishing, but I currently have all my ice fishing gear in the back of my car.
If I do wimp out with respect to hitting the frozen pond today, Thursday and Friday will be warming up to the low 30's which is my kind of ice fishing weather.

Linda had to leave the house for a 10 AM body maintenance procedure on Tuesday. She made a grocery run before her 1 PM finance meeting at the ITAM.

I skipped the Irish Music session at O'Laughlin's to finish my book. When I finish a book, I put my initials in it ( so I won't read it again). The reading ended at 10:45 PM. Linda still thinks I read a book too fast. I have trouble putting a book down, and savoring it over a multi-day period of time. My book reading is like doing a task. I never can wait to finish the task!

Politics -- Obama and his wife have to be exhausted since they had a full day on yesterday which extended into the wee hours of the morning.
People are still talking about the word stumbling of Obama's taking of the oath of office. Justice Roberts deserves the blame. When I install a new UNICO member, like I did the other night, I make sure that the person doesn't have so many words to repeat. This was a very embarrassing moment. Did they practice this oath of office before it actually happened?

Kevin and Kyla now have four creatures in their house. They have a new Dachshund.
We have seen pictures of the dog on Kevin's face book page. The dog needs a little work on when to sleep and when to play. So far the dog does get along with their two cats, and Billy, the Border Collie.

Kevin & Kyla are doing well.
The food business is doing well. Kevin said that the Boston Globe will be coming to "Dough" to do an article on places like his today. I don't have details of when the article will be in the Boston Globe. Linda and I can't wait to see the article.
When his place was on the television program called the "Phantom Gourmet". business increased so much including when there were reruns.

Kyla is busy at her job as a forensic accountant. She is still working on a big case, which she can't tell us about, especially since I am not good at keeping secrets.

Social Calendar -- I think that we are totally free today, which is highly unusual. If I leave for ice fishing / to visit with Mom before Linda gets up, she will even have a better day.

Well, I have to decide whether to dress for ice-fishing, or to stay in my sleep wear. It is 6 degrees above zero right now with a high of 24 degrees predicted. Even if I don't go ice-fishing, I have to visit with my mother in Lee at some point today.

Have a great Wednesday at work or play.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: