Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Hello on Tuesday Morning

Dear Friends,
No luck, once again, on the frozen pond on Monday. It was cold, but there was no wind. I actually never sat in the car all day long.

Today we are going to reach into the mid 20's. We are in a Winter Storm Watch from Tuesday evening through Wednesday. It appears that the snow blower will get a workout after the storm ends on Wednesday.

Yes, I am going back to the frozen pond once again today since I bought some new bait yesterday after my radio interview. The bait shop was about a mile from where the interview took place.

Politics -- 71,400 jobs lost in one day was a real newsmaker.
Rush Limbaugh said that he thinks Obama is a afraid of him.
The Governor of Illinois thinks that by going on the Oprah show will demonstrate how he really is such a wonderful person.

My sister, father , and my mother made it through their doctor appointments. Mother's appointment was the longest with the neurosurgeon because they had to take some X-Rays. Healing does appear to be taking place with respect to her back issues. She still won't be getting out of the Rehab Center in the near future.

After spending almost 8 hours on the ice, I was pretty whipped when I came home. Fresh air is better than any sleeping pill.
Linda had made a wonderful beef barley soup in the Crock Pot. She put together a bunch of left overs, and added some additional ingredients from the freezer.

Linda and her friends had a fun time playing Mah Jongg last night at our house. I was in bed before they left our house.

Linda will have another enjoyable day while I am doing my thing on the ice.
I will also stop in and see mom at the Rehab Center before heading back to Pittsfield.

Well, I have to do some quiet chores before gathering all my ice fishing gear.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: