Thursday, January 15, 2009

Hello on Thursday

Dear Friends,

It is 7 degrees as I start this e-mail. The temperatures did reach 9 degrees in Pittsfield yesterday. We might reach 10 degrees today. We do reach the 20 degree mark by Sunday.

Linda was able to relax in her sweats all day long, but not me.

After lunch, I decided to get dressed, and go off and see dear old mom at the Rehab Center in Lee. She had just come back from her second round of therapy, and she was tired. She had the nurses put her in the bed. I stayed with her until my sister arrived which was just about supper time (4:30PM).
We have a family meeting with her case worker, and staff at the Rehab Center on Monday to discuss her progress, and the next step. Of course, Mom wants to go home, but my sister and I can't be there every day to take care of her. She will most likely need the services of the local visiting nurse association.

The crock pot concoction which we tried yesterday did not turn out to be as good as we hoped it to be. Good thing that we tried it ourselves before inviting anyone else to join us.

We don't have the crock pot going today because Linda is going off to dinner and a movie at the Berkshire Mall today. They will be dinning at Bennigans, which is the only non fast food place in the Mall. The movie is a chick flick.
I will be happy with leftovers and a Boston Bruin Hockey Game to keep me entertained.

Politics -- Watching the inauguration on television might be better than being there in person. If did receive a formal invitation to attend the event, I do have Curley relatives in the Washington, D.C. area whom I could stay with.
The Israeli / Palestinian conflict continues. One of Linda's Mah Jongg players wrote a letter to the editor in our local newspaper supporting the Israeli position. The next day a person took the Palestinian position. Will the bloodshed ever stop?
This conflict is just one of the numerous ones which Obama, and his cabinet will have to address.
Give Peace and Obama a chance!

Well, I have to get dressed and do some chores inside of the house before I decide to visit Mom.

Have a great day , and try and stay warm if you are in a State which is dealing with this arctic air.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: