Friday, August 7, 2009

Hello on Friday Morning from Boston

Dear Friends,

We were socializing with our Italian Exchange students at our ITAM Lodge at 6:30 PM when we received a telephone call from our daughter-in-law from East Boston. Her doctor wanted her to pack her clothes, and head off to the hospital. The baby should be born any hour today.
Linda and I left the ITAM,and went home and quickly packed, and headed east on the Mass Pike. Kyla's dad was dog sitting until we arrived at Kevin and Kyla's apartment.
We kept our cell phones on throughout the night hoping to get a telephone call that the baby boy has arrived. The cell phone did go off at 5:30 PM, but is was one of those text messages from AT&T which is our cell phone carrier. Once the cell phone went off, I couldn't go back to sleep. I took the dog down to the water front which is one block away from their restaurant/ apartment.

Speaking of sleeping, the dachshund slept with us. He sleeps in between whoever is in the bed, and does so on his back. I was afraid that I would roll over, and squash him. Well, the dog made it through our first night, and survived sleeping in between Linda and I.
Speaking of the dacshund, he is a submissive pee-er. When we arrived at the apartment, he got so excited to see us, he peed on the steps going up to the first floor of their apartment. Luckily, the steps aren't carpeted.
If you greet the dog in the usual manner, you will get peed upon. The dog is so cute , you just want to hug him, but you will pay the consequences.
Billy the short haired border collie sleeps on the floor in the bedroom too. I had to remember not to step on him during an evening bathroom visit.
Kevin and Kyla also have two cats, and I did hear one scratching on the bedroom door during the middle of the night. I felt like I was part of the Mutual of Omaha television program called "Wild Kingdom".

We are about four miles from the hospital (Bringham and Women's Hospital) according to our GPS System. As soon as the baby is born, we will be heading to the hospital.

Social Calendar -- Well, I am obviously going to miss my Friday golf with the seniors. We will be dog sitting, and waiting for the telephone call that the baby is born.

Sports -- I had to shut off the radio as we headed to Boston as the Yankees were beating up the Red Sox at Yankee Stadium. It was a very embarrassing loss. Us Red Sox fans hope that they can turn it around today.

Have to go and get ready for the good news.
Have a great weekend.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: