Monday, August 17, 2009

Hello on Monday Morning

Dear Friends,

It was too hot to move around on Sunday so I pretty much sat around and watched
golf and the Red Sox. Thank you to the people who invented the remote control.
Well, the Red Sox got beat, and so didn't Tiger Woods.

Linda and I would have been at the beaches in Cape Cod if my friend and I
didn't volunteer to help cook for today's Senior Men Golf Tournament at our
club. The peppers and onions have been sliced, and they are ready to be cooked
on the grill. The 80 year old guy who has been setting up and cooking for the
event told us that this is his last year. He would love to have my friend and I
say that we would carry the torch next year. I am trying to resist saying "No".

Social Calendar -- You know what I will be doing today from about 8 AM until
around 5 PM, or until the keg of beer runs out. Linda is supposed to play golf
on Monday, but she said that she won't be playing if today is as hot as
yesterday. The temperatures did hit 92 degrees as Linda was returning from
picking up some corn on the cob for supper. We are supposed to be reaching highs
into the 90 degree range once again. Oh Joy!

Politics -- While watching my sporting contests on Sunday, I keep on seeing a
commercial produced by AARP. They are in support of the President's Health Care
Plan. Their position is just like mine!

Max and Family (and the animals) are doing well in East Boston except for the
heat.
Danielle, daughter-in-law from Kansas, sent pictures when their daughter
Isabelle was a newborn. Both Isabelle, and Max are "spitting images" of one
another. You really couldn't tell the difference between the two grandchildren
unless they were naked.

Observation -- I had one of those "count your blessing" moments while walking
at the track on Sunday morning. There is this guy who looks like he is in his
late 60's. He walks the track every day at a slow pace, and often stops at the
press box steps to take a break. The press box is part of a little league field
/ sports complex. As the guy caught his breath and started walking, I finally
caught up with him. I asked him if he had heart and / or lung problems. He said
that he does have a bad heart, but that he also is dealing with spinal cancer. I
kept walking past him, and didn't ask for anymore details.

Well, I have to make sure that I have all my cooking equipment for today's
event including some olive oil and garlic for the peppers and onions.

Have a great week at work or play.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: